• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell and Burris current promotions are really good!

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

I apologize if this is redundant somewhere here on the Hide but I think it's worth mentioning again....

For purchases made now through June 5, Bushnell is offering a whopping 25% mail-in rebate!!! That is a lot of scratch on the XRS/ERS/DMRII/LRTS scopes!!

For XTRII purchases made by July 31, Burris is offering a $100 mail in rebate (ANY model)! That is roughly 10-15% off depending on scope!

Links to both coupons are on the front page of our website and also on the manufacturers websites under "current promotions".

Just FYI.

Best,

Scott

Not at all. I picked up a 4.5-18x44 LRHS for a price i couldn't refuse after rebate. Glass is very impressive considering the price.

Will, is the dmr II comparable to the lrst glass? I thought you mentioned somewhere that youve had both. I have spent some time behind the lrtsi and like it, but would like the dmrII if similar in the glass quality with the h59. Thanks.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the LRTSi but the DMRII is very comparable to the LRHS, which I suspect is the same. I have been pretty impressed with the DMRII after spending some time with it. Bushnell listened when a bunch of people said LRHS turrets on the DMR would be great. Then they went a step farther, and put some better glass in it too.

DMR II , if you could compare glass , what other scopes regardless of price are comparable to the optical quality of the DMR II ? @ 25% off I may just be in Love !

Will, is the dmr II comparable to the lrst glass? I thought you mentioned somewhere that youve had both. I have spent some time behind the lrtsi and like it, but would like the dmrII if similar in the glass quality with the h59. Thanks.

I haven't had both, if i typed that, i'm sorry, that was a mistake. I've had the ERS and now the LRHS. To which the LRHS is substantially better thus far. Edge to edge clarity isn't far off my SN-3, it's downright impressive for the money. I got rained out yesterday before i could compare the SN-3 and the LRHS as the sun set. For the money though right now with 25% cash back i think the LRHS/LRTS and DMR II are pretty hard to pass up. I was actually looking for the DMR II and couldn't find it in stock. Low and behold GAP had it this whole time and i didn't realize.

As for the DMR II i've never looked through one. Though in Bill's review he noted that it was better than he remembers the ERS, and mainly due to the coating. Most know the ERS has pretty nice glass (albeit not top tier compared to the 2500/3000$ otpics) it's main downfall was lowlight performance, which was just very disappointing. That said it was never intended to be a hunting scope either.

I appreciate the response! I don't post a lot but I follow a few scope threads because I've found the reviews to be informative. However, I think I mixed your comparison of the sn3 to the lrhs and another review, so my bad for that. I do think the Bushnell dmr ii is gonna be a good option, there's a lot to choose from right now.

Scott
Any current stock of LRTS 4.5-18 Mil non illuminated? Have you had opportunity to look through both illuminated and non to confirm whether reticle center crosshairs are thinner on non illuminated model? Have seen comments here to that effect, but have two LRHS and would like to pick up LRTS
model and be able to apply rebate. Thanks, and am yet another returning customer.

Haven't added to the site yet due to very limited stock. Have not looked through any as they are new sealed in the box. We have both illuminated and non-illuminated G3, including FDE color. Not sure why my PM box is full I only have 67 messages in it! Email me [email protected] or call me 406-544-3829

Well doesn't this make my day. I bought my Elite Tactical 3.5-21x56 with the dmr II illuminated reticle on............May 10th. :(

​​​​I just guess that it's my day in the barrel.

I'm with you Jackwagon although not quite as recent. 2x DMR2i's picked up in the past 45 days. Sure would have been nice to know the sale was coming on those :)

I did take advantage of the discount yesterday -- at the Bushnell factory outlet directly -- and picked up a CONX combo kit, a new spotting scope, and a SMRS 1-6.5x.

I truly believe Bushnell makes some of the best glass on the planet for the money. Especially when you're basically buying at wholesale.

For you guys that have DMRII's- have you checked the glass as you dial the erector away from mechanical center? I just bought a DMRII during this promotion, and the glass when at mechanical center is decent, but as you dial away from center it gets worse and worse. It's like you're looking through the plastic lenses of a kids binocular. I'm not sure if I got a dud, or if it's an optical design flaw.

For you guys that have DMRII's- have you checked the glass as you dial the erector away from mechanical center? I just bought a DMRII during this promotion, and the glass when at mechanical center is decent, but as you dial away from center it gets worse and worse. It's like you're looking through the plastic lenses of a kids binocular. I'm not sure if I got a dud, or if it's an optical design flaw.

That does not sound right. Give Bushnell a call, as this has to be a fluke from my experience.

That does not sound right. Give Bushnell a call, as this has to be a fluke from my experience.

That sounds exaggerated but that is somewhat normal is it not? I remember various accounts of people complaining about the very same thing with the Gen II razor. Though i don't it should be that drastic.

I don't think that it's totally unusually that the sight picture will be somewhat less perfect when not exactly in the optical center of the glass, but what he is describing is either grossly exaggerated or something wrong with his particular scope. Even the regular DMRs are much better than his description and are used all of the time in less than ideal conditions and at less than optimal adjustments without such ridiculous results.

That sounds exaggerated but that is somewhat normal is it not? I remember various accounts of people complaining about the very same thing with the Gen II razor. Though i don't it should be that drastic.

No, it's not normal. I've owned and worked with lots of Razors, SWFA SS's, NF's, LRHS's, PST's, etc, and none of them exhibited this trait as drastically as this scope. With most of the others, you might lose a couple of percentage points of optical quality when dialed away from mechanical center, but this scope is basically unusable with the elevation bottomed out.

Definitely a candidate for the lifetime warranty service department. Let us know how it all works out.

All of our DMRii's. including the Horus models, are sold out. We have LRTS. both non-illuminated (FDE) and illuminated (black) in stock, 3-12 and 4.5-18x. Thanks for the orders ya'll!

Just wanted to say thanks to Scott for the great service. Gave me a call on my cell phone and hooked it up with an HDMRII

Any rebates on the Elite ConX?

If u are interested in that, just get the sportsman conx package then use your rebate money to upgrade to the elite firmware. The kestrel will be 100% the same as the elite, except it will be the sportsman model.

I already have a Kestrel Elite...just need the LRF and I can get it for $489. Wanted to see if Scott can beat that price.

Europtic has the ConX on sale for 499 but they are out of stock. I went with the Kestrel combo so I can get the rebate in on time. I figured I would just pay the fee and upgrade it to the Elite.

Europtic has the ConX on sale for 499 but they are out of stock. I went with the Kestrel combo so I can get the rebate in on time. I figured I would just pay the fee and upgrade it to the Elite.

They show in stock on their website. They also don't specifically state that the price is tied to a rebate. Did you call them?

They show in stock on their website. They also don't specifically state that the price is tied to a rebate. Did you call them?

The rebate doesn't exclude an item that is on sale. You will get a 25% rebate based on what you paid. As far as I know the only thing excluded are the golf products and employ and experticity discounts.

IMG_0361.PNG.jpg

Yes I talked to them, the lrf alone is out of stock. The combo is good for the rebate as well, otherwise I would have waited and picked up a used one.

Thanks Hiders.....the rebate is good on the ConX, we do not have the LRF stand-alone but we DO have the LRF/Kestrel combo in stock and added to the top of the Sales Items page on the website. Remember the current promotion ends on Monday June 5!!! Would love to see it extended!

FYI Burris lied about it being good for ANY xtrii, its not good for the 1-5x without the MAD turrets. I'm glad I called and asked before buying. Crap like this turns me away from companies and I doubt I'll be buying anything Burris for a long time.

FYI Burris lied about it being good for ANY xtrii, its not good for the 1-5x without the MAD turrets. I'm glad I called and asked before buying. Crap like this turns me away from companies and I doubt I'll be buying anything Burris for a long time.

It looks to me like they were very clear about which models were eligible

IMG_0371.PNG.jpg

Last edited:
It looks to me like they were very clear about which models were eligible

If you look at their site it clearly says "any xtr ii". So if you don't actually look at the rebate form most would be under the assumption that "any" means "any". They could add the word "eligible" and be a lot more honest about it.

If you look at their site it clearly says "any xtr ii". So if you don't actually look at the rebate form most would be under the assumption that "any" means "any". They could add the word "eligible" and be a lot more honest about it.

I'd agree with that.