• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell AR optics 1-4x24 experience?

SpookyPistolero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Posted this in a couple of spots without any help.

My apologies if this has been reviewed before, the search function and Google didn't pull up much specific information .

Does anyone have experience with this optic? Are they worth a damn for casual use, out to 500 yards? My aimpoints are the only optics that see use for serious purposes.

Bushnell AR Optics 1-4x24mm BDC Riflescope and Burris PEPR Mount

I just bought the illuminated reticle version of it but haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. From what I've seen so far: this combination is a bit heavy (both the scope and the mount; I bought that same mount) so it's something to think about if keeping you rig light is a priority. The turret clicks feel pretty defined (my bush elite tac that cost me around 800 feels mushy at least on the windage turret compared to this one). Glass clarity is pretty good. Eye relieve feels a bit constrained at max magnification (even though it's just a 4power). But at 1power the eye box is pretty forgiving (not like a redfield revolution 2-7 that I was thinking on getting but good anyways). Something else to take into consideration, Burris has a 20$ rebate on the pepr these days I believe (check their webpage). I liked the pepr mount. Although heavy it feels really sturdy plus it comes with 2 sets of ring tops, one with picatinny and one smooth. I ended up putting the picatiny on the farther ring only. The extra tops are compatible with their extreme rings.

Last edited:
After doing a lot of reading on this scope I ended up going with the Burris Tac-30. I didn't like how small the reticle was on 1x due to the Bushnell being FFP and from what I gathered the reticle is not day time visible like the Burris either.

You're right, that's a possible issue with the BTR model (one of the few cases where having the front sight post ghosting actually comes in handy rather than being annoying :) ) but the one the OP mentions should probably work better since it uses the BDC SFP reticle. At first I was shooting for the TAC30 but only got a chance to look through the MTAC (the store didn't had the TAC30 available). Something that bugged me a bit about the MTAC though was the subtle fishbowl effect at lower magnification.

Last edited:
So I got a chance to run my 1-4 bushnell btr this past weekend. I gotta say I was a bit disappointed with image clarity. The reticle was very defined and personally I didn't had any problems acquiring it but for some reason my eyes could not get to have both reticle and target in focus. It was a pretty bright and hot day, but I doubt mirage could have the kind of effect I was seeing. It was like if the target would suddenly become fussy. I experienced this even at 50 yards when trying to focus on a 1" orange dot. Maybe I'm not being fair, coming from using a Bushnell Elite Tac 3-12x44 that cost almost 4 times more. But I wanted to give my honest opinion to help others. I'll try going again this week to see if I experience the same behavior one more time.