• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell ar750006 Red Dot

Vodoun daVinci

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Dec 17, 2017
    Building up a Ruger 10/22 with polymer chassis and higher cap magazines for my Wife and wanted to use a Bushnell AR75006 as a budget red dot. Got it today - no manual. Trying to turn it on I discovered that the battery is covered with a plastic barrier but all of the included tools do not fit the Allen screws that remove the battery cover. Why supply a half dozen little wrenches and tools when they don't fit the unit?

Finally got it fired up - it doesn't project a red dot onto the lens. The only red dot I can see is the emitter at the bottom of the sight. There is no adjustment that makes it go.

Are these junk? I just tossed off an email to Bushnell (my first Bushnell piece) for support and we'll see how long it takes them to respond but did I fuck up? Seriously disappointed. If Bushnell won't/can't send me a replacement in 24 hours I'm gonna flush this down the toilet and never buy Bushnell again. Nice looking and solid little unit but to not work right out-the-box? Bushnell Aficionados please chime in.

And Thank You!

VooDoo

Weird that none of the wrenches fit. It's been a minute since I got in a new Advance (I still have 1-2 of them laying around), but I remember the included wrench fitting. It might be the hex on the tan scope tool that is the right one.

As for not seeing a dot, that's very odd - especially if you say you can see the emitter is on. I'll ask the dumb, obvious question - did you crank the brightness all the way up? The brightness adjust buttons are on the left side of the lens.

Finally got it fired up - it doesn't project a red dot onto the lens. The only red dot I can see is the emitter at the bottom of the sight. There is no adjustment that makes it go.

Likely a dumb question, but I want to be sure: You are looking through the optic the correct direction, right?
    The way it's described here, it almost sounds like you're looking through the lens from the front and can physically see the emitter through the window, when you should be looking through the end with the emitter to see the reflection of the emitter in the lens.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but want to be sure.

Thanks for the replies! The "issue" resolved itself....I got the thing in the mail and it was cold as hell which formed condensation on the exterior of the unit when I unpacked it in the warm house. The next morning I fired it up and it looked perfect. All I can think of is that the condensation on the emitter scattered/reflected the dot to the degree that it wasn't hitting the glass. Works like a champ now - very pleased.

Still curious about the supplied allen keys not fitting the battery compartment screws but that's not a show stopper for me as I have plent of them in my gun kit and don't expect to be changing batteries all that much.

Thanks for the help!

VooDoo

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm