• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell DMR 2 vs LRTS help

Berkman1981

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Dfw
Trying to decide between the two and hoping some of y’all have used both.....

I have used the older ers and really liked it

Using for hunting deer and elk
No shot past 500
Im good with using 15x max on scope so 20x not a must by any means
Can get LRTS for $730 and DMR 2 for $850

thanks

The LRTS is a smaller lighter scope. One of if not the best FFP scope for hunting use. It outperforms the DMR 2 optically for sure. Both would work for you. If you plan on shooting white targets in bright sunlight, the DMR 2 will have severe chromatic aberration. Its the only scope I ever noticed it on and it was bad. Sample of one.

Reactions: 260284
I’ve owned several of both. The DMR2 is bigger and heavier but the glass is very good. The LRTS is smaller and lighter. The 4.5-18 LRTS is a little more finicky as far as the eye box. The 3-12 is about about perfect for what you’re looking for. Very nice eye box and glass and just a very easy scope to get behind. That would be my choice if under 500 yards. If over, then I’d definitely go with the DMR2.

The DMR2 is a 34mm tube and the LRTS is 30mm for reference.

I have multiple of the LRTSi's 4.5-18x44 and they are excellent! A shooting buddy has two DMR2's and one thing we've both noticed when going down to 3.5x is you get a little bit of tunneling of the image.

I don't think you could go wrong with either scope at those prices.

I’ve had the LRSH and LRTS. Both are excellent scopes but the reticle on non-illuminated version is too fine for my hunting use. The reticle is so thin visibility becomes an issue near dark. The reticle on the illuminated versions are thicker due to the illumination factor and don’t actually require the use of illumination for most hunting applications.

What ever you do buy from @gr8fuldoug at Cameraland. All the HDMR2s, and DMR2s I’ve bought from him never had the ISSUE often referenced. He must have a magic wand that fixes it in the DMR2s before they ship.

I’m at 4 personal and 3 more fellow shooters that have not experienced the issue referenced often. Must be the Doug Camerland magic. LTRS line is a gem as well.

Reactions: FishinGuns
What ever you do buy from @gr8fuldoug at Cameraland. All the HDMR2s, and DMR2s I’ve bought from him never had the ISSUE often referenced. He must have a magic wand that fixes it in the DMR2s before they ship.

I’m at 4 personal and 3 more fellow shooters that have not experienced the issue referenced often. Must be the Doug Camerland magic. LTRS line is a gem as well.

What issue?