• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell DMR3 & XRS3

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    Does anyone have or have time behind both the DMR3 & the XRS3? I know they are very similar in many ways and I understand their differences in size and magnification, however I am curious if the optical design difference creates any appreciable difference in optical performance or usability such as a tight eye box or depth of field.

I haven’t seen anything that specifically compares the two scopes.

Hey Jesse, I got em both, lemme if you want to check them out side by side sometime at Scarborough...

Oh yeah cool thank you. For some reason I thought you had a DMR II CR...

That CR is what brought me back to Bushnell! Really like them.

Reactions: jbell
    The DMR3 is a great scope. It tunnels from 3.5-5ish just fyi. Haven’t compared to XRS3 though.

Thanks for that. I don’t remember the older DMR’s tunneling like that.

Hey folks just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone else had specific feedback on these two bushys

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
    Another bump.

Wondering why there is not a lot out there on these scopes?
    They're still fairly new and there's a ton of good options out right now. I personally replaced my Mark 5HD 5-25 with an XRS3 and I'm very happy with it. Eye box feels a little better, and I much prefer the G4P to the CCH. Glass is fantastic and I use the increased magnification more than I thought I would. Tracking has been perfect on mine furthest I've taken it is 1,000 yards. The only complaint I have is the elevation turret just a little less tactile than I'd like when I first got it. But it seems like it's breaking in and has got better. I like it enough that I'll probably be picking up a DMR3 for a .22 I'll be building soon.

Reactions: chevy327
    They're still fairly new and there's a ton of good options out right now. I personally replaced my Mark 5HD 5-25 with an XRS3 and I'm very happy with it. Eye box feels a little better, and I much prefer the G4P to the CCH. Glass is fantastic and I use the increased magnification more than I thought I would. Tracking has been perfect on mine furthest I've taken it is 1,000 yards. The only complaint I have is the elevation turret just a little less tactile than I'd like when I first got it. But it seems like it's breaking in and has got better. I like it enough that I'll probably be picking up a DMR3 for a .22 I'll be building soon.
    Good to hear.

There is a fairly big price difference between the Mark 5's and the Elites down here in OZ which makes the Bushnell's look even better.
    Would struggle to find another scope made in Japan with the same features for the price the DMR3 can be found for.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker