• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell DMR3

Jarhead94

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2018
I got a DMR2 (non pro) that use on a rifle for PRS matches and such, had it quite some time. Really like the scope and the g3 reticle. Was really wanting to upgrade to the fairly new DMR3. Has anyone had both to compare? Is it a significant upgrade? Your thoughts?

Reactions: amaxjack
I got a DMR2 (non pro) that use on a rifle for PRS matches and such, had it quite some time. Really like the scope and the g3 reticle. Was really wanting to upgrade to the fairly new DMR3. Has anyone had both to compare? Is it a significant upgrade? Your thoughts?
Buy my dmr3 and decide for yourself ;)

The DMR2 (non pro) was terrible when dialed over 10 mils (in my experience) with glass quality degrading severely. Also, the glass quality in general would be much, much, better in harsh conditions with the DMR3. I also prefer the new G4 reticle. I would say the upgrade would be significant. Particularly if you shoot past 1,000 yards often.

Last edited:
The DMR2 (non pro) was terrible when dialed over 10 miles (in my experience) with glass quality degrading severely. Also, the glass quality in general would be much, much, better in harsh conditions with the DMR3. I also prefer the new G4 reticle. I would say the upgrade would be significant. Particularly if you shoot past 1,000 yards often.
Yeah, I experienced a lot of crazy wavy stuff goin on in the scope on high mirage days, compared to my MK5 and razor. It has served me well over the years. Anyways, I decided to buy one and check it out. I'm sure it will be a lot better. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: screaminweasil
Yeah, I experienced a lot of crazy wavy stuff goin on in the scope on high mirage days, compared to my MK5 and razor. It has served me well over the years. Anyways, I decided to buy one and check it out. I'm sure it will be a lot better. Thanks for the feedback!
Great, I think you'll like it. The only Mark5HD I have experience with is (two different) 3.6-18x44 models. Neither would hold a candle to the DMR3. I'm not sure how the 5-25 or 7-35x would compare. I think you'll be happy either way. Let us know your thoughts after you get some time behind it. I geek out on this stuff....................so, I like to hear other peoples perspectives as well. I freakin love the DMR3. Congrats........

FYI...........spend a little time dialing in the "fast focus" ocular for your eye ball. It will pay dividends.

Great, I think you'll like it. The only Mark5HD I have experience with is (two different) 3.6-18x44 models. Neither would hold a candle to the DMR3. I'm not sure how the 5-25 or 7-35x would compare. I think you'll be happy either way. Let us know your thoughts after you get some time behind it. I geek out on this stuff....................so, I like to hear other peoples perspectives as well. I freakin love the DMR3. Congrats........

FYI...........spend a little time dialing in the "fast focus" ocular for your eye ball. It will pay dividends.
So I got some range time today with my new DMR3. Ran the scope out to 1000 yards. This scope is absolutely the best money I ever spent on a optic. The glass is way better than my old DMR2. I like it better than my gen2 razor, MK5 5-25 pr2, and MK5 7-35 pr2. While all these scopes are great, I would never choose any of these scopes over the DMR3 for my purposes. The glass is really good! I could see impacts on steel clearly that were fuzzy with my MK5 scopes. This scope to me is really good in the 14 to 15 power range, where as my other scopes I am stuck in that 17 to 18 power range, with a small fov, because the reticle becomes to small. Overall, I am very happy with this scope, it's a keeper for sure.

So I got some range time today with my new DMR3. Ran the scope out to 1000 yards. This scope is absolutely the best money I ever spent on a optic. The glass is way better than my old DMR2. I like it better than my gen2 razor, MK5 5-25 pr2, and MK5 7-35 pr2. While all these scopes are great, I would never choose any of these scopes over the DMR3 for my purposes. The glass is really good! I could see impacts on steel clearly that were fuzzy with my MK5 scopes. This scope to me is really good in the 14 to 15 power range, where as my other scopes I am stuck in that 17 to 18 power range, with a small fov, because the reticle becomes to small. Overall, I am very happy with this scope, it's a keeper for sure.
Which reticle were you using?

Which reticle were you using?
G4. Reticle is really nice with center dot. Just the right size. I did take the extra time on ocular focus and cheek weld. Just to add, the parallax focus is great, I pretty much left it on 500yd all the way to a 1000. No problems with focus. My mk5 7-35 really sucks with that.

Reactions: Toolnup
G4. Reticle is really nice with center dot. Just the right size. I did take the extra time on ocular focus and cheek weld. Just to add, the parallax focus is great, I pretty much left it on 500yd all the way to a 1000. No problems with focus. My mk5 7-35 really sucks with that.
Agreed, parallax "forgiveness" and depth of field is very good on the DMR3

Reactions: Dobermann
Nice.

Looking real hard at the DMR3 and the XTR3i as they are about the same $ where I am in the world.

Have not had a lot of opportunity to look through a lot of scopes but the Bushnell is ticking a lot of the boxes. Just not sure on the G4P but everyone who has used it seems to be happy with it.

I'm seriously considering the DMR3 / EQL or the T6Xi 3-18. The Bushy so far is in the lead on a solid history of reliability .