• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 1-6.5

cramey74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2011
Joplin Mo
Looking for some input on the Bushnell Elite 1-6.5. I really don't see a lot of reviews for this particular scope. It seems to be a pretty big player in this category. This unit will ride on my Scar 16s. I will use it from 0-600yds. Might even use it in a few 3 gun matches here and there. I would just put a Z6i on it, but honestly do not want to spend that much for this rifle. If you have other suggestions feel free to post them up.

Thanks

Chris R

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZI2ahPC40A

Review from a 3-gun perspective that you might find useful. I had a FFP model but sold it. IMO, nowhere near the optical quality of the Swarovski or Kahles 1-6x but much less expensive as you've pointed out.

For a little more $ than the Bushy, you might want to take a look at the Vortex Razor 1-6x. Glass is great and the dot is brilliant in the sunlight. Only downside is that it's a bit heavy/bulky. Probably the best value in a low power variable. There are some threads here and on Enos where the Razor is reviewed and discussed extensively.

Have a BTR-2 SFP and love it. Picked it up for $620 off ebay a few months ago, new. I did verify it was authentic just to be safe. At that price it's very hard to beat! But IMO, prob not worth the retail price which I've seen between $1200-1400. Also I'd stay away from the FFP version as the reticle is very small on 1X.

Have a look at the SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 as well. Very clear glass and built well! Some might say it is a tad heavy... probably due to its heavy duty construction. It has occasionally gone on sale for $800 (Black Friday and Tax Day if memory serves me).

I like mine a lot!

I prefer the Bushnell SFP 1-6.5 to the SWFA FFP 1-6.
I prefer the SWFA to the FFP Bushnell, though.
Resolution and brightness are equal.
The SWFA reticle does a good job of CQB at 1x and utility at 6x but FFP is still unnecessary in such a low power scope.
The Bushnell BTR reticle in SFP is better for target acquisition in CQB for me.
The Bushnell is 4 ounces lighter and gives nothing up to the SWFA unless you want to use the turrets uncapped which the SWFA is set up to do (capped or uncapped).

Looking for some input on the Bushnell Elite 1-6.5. I really don't see a lot of reviews for this particular scope. It seems to be a pretty big player in this category. This unit will ride on my Scar 16s. I will use it from 0-600yds. Might even use it in a few 3 gun matches here and there. I would just put a Z6i on it, but honestly do not want to spend that much for this rifle. If you have other suggestions feel free to post them up.

Thanks

Chris R

I have the 1-6.5 SFP w/BTR-2 Reticle mounted on a SCAR 17s. Our local range goes to 400 so that's my usual max distance. Scope has a great eyebox and eye relief, sharp and bright edge to edge. I like it for a little more affordable scope but gets the job done. The turrets seem a little cheesey but do work like they're supposed to. I got mine used in a trade, wouldn't pay for new. If you can get one gently used for around $800+/- I think they're worth a shot...so to speak.

The Bushnell 1-6.5x is a good scope but I would recommend the Vortex 1-6x, Kahles 1-5x, and others. The eye box to me is not as good as the ones I just listed. We sale them all so if we can help you get a Bushnell or something else just let me know.

Mike @ CSTACTCIAL

The Bushnell 1-6.5x is a good scope but I would recommend the Vortex 1-6x, Kahles 1-5x, and others. The eye box to me is not as good as the ones I just listed. We sale them all so if we can help you get a Bushnell or something else just let me know.

Mike @ CSTACTCIAL

I think most would agree. But if you can fine a new or gently use bushnell under $800 (or like I did for around $600), that is hard to beat! Would I pay 1300 for the bushnell, HELL NO! Its a value thing in my eyes.

Mike @ CSTACTCIAL

I have pretty much wrote off the Bushnell. I am also looking at the Meopta ZD 1-4. How do you think it stacks up? I know it is not a 1-6 but I really don't have to have that much.