• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 1500 or Leica 1200

rogers0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2007
Camp Lejeune and elsewhere
Does anyone here have any experience with both the Bushnell Elite 1500 with ARC and the Leica 1200 LRF? I am on the fence trying to decide which one I am going to buy. I have heard good about both of them, some say the Bushnells work better then the Leicas. Just trying to get an opinion from someone who has used both.

Also, can someone comment on how the ARC works on the Bushnells?

Re: Bushnell Elite 1500 or Leica 1200

I have the Bushnell and it works great for me. It takes a while to learn the different settings, but after you figure your bullet weight and speed with the correct functions tab it works pretty good. Has always been dead on with the ranging.

A funny story. I have a deputy sheriff buddy that proclaims himself to be quite the shooter. Whenever he tells a tall tail its always because "I'm a bad mother fucker." Well... when I bought the Bushnell last year he had not heard of the BDC/ARC function and wanted to go shot his new 300WSM at the range. I brought the range finder and before leaving entered the BDC/ARC info for his rifle. He shot a group and center massed at 200yrds. We moved to the 300yrd line and he asked what I though the drop would be.. I looked through the Bushnell and said "Your at 308yrds, the bullet will drop 6inchs..." "Whatever." He shot and we took a trip on the ATV. 6 inchs "good guess" he said. We then packed up and he wanted to move to the 600yrd line. He said "ok smart ass what do you think now?" I looked through the Bushnell and said "your at 596yrds... the bullet wil hit 36 1/4 inchs low." He shoots, we hopped on the ATV and took a look. He whipped out a tape measure from the 4wheeler. 36.3 inches. "How the hell did you know that!" "Because... I'm a bad mother fucker!!" He still doesn't know the Bushnell was giving me the dope.

Anyway, the Bushnell works and has not failed yet for me.

I have have/had both. I bought a Bushy 1500ARC because that is what I could afford. For me, it was rarely reliable on darkish targets beyond 500 yds.

Recently, Like the first time ever in my life I got lucky horse trading around (gun parts, etc.) and ended up with a Leica CRF 1200. [took a whole lot of gun parts!]

It will range dark targets FAR, FAR!!!!! beyond what My 1500ARC would. and it's so much faster in giving a reading...

If you can afford it (from what I read) Get the Swarovski, if not downgrade to the Leica 1200, if you can't afford that either, get the 1500 arc.

YMMV,
T

I have the Bushnell 1500 Elite. Its a great unit for the money and I would recommend getting one. I recently read a reports about it and they had said it will range out to 1300yrds accuratly. But it will also range to 1400yrds but the accuracy was off by a few yards. I don't remember how much though but it was off enough to call it not accurate. Other than that I have never had a problem with the unit. I recommend getting or using a tripod for the longer ranges. Otherwise you can't hold the unit steady enough. The glass is nice a clear as well.

I had the Leica wasnt to impressed with it for the cost personally I like the Swaro or the Elite. If you have any Sportsmans Warehouse around you give them a look since they are closing up shop and all you could probably run across a good deal.

My leica 1200 works great. Bright glass. Ranges great. 10 times better than the Nikon Monarch 1200 it replaced.

Bad weather at all the leica will not range I tried the swaro and 1500 in light rain and fog the 1500 would range with the swaro at $600 less .great buy on the bushnell .thanks dustin

I'm a big fan of the Leica 1200.

LED Display is bright and easy to read.

It's also very compact which is nice if you hunt a lot and are loaded down with a bunch of gear. It fits easily into a shirt pocket and doesn't get into the way of drawing your bow - if you're inclined to use it for archery as well.

After looking at the triangulating features on many "ARC" type products, you have to be pretty darn elevated from your target for it to make a difference.

$599 at Midway USA for the Leica 1200.

Good luck.