• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Elite 1500 Range finder?

solvovir

just a guy
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2012
Aledo TX
So I know the Bushnell ELite 1600 ARC is a great rangefinder, and the one that I was planning on buying, but Ive seen a few of the previous model Elite 1500s for sale in used classifieds going for around the $200 range. Im wondering if anyone has one of these, and how well does it work? The Elite 1500 model was made with the ARC and without it, whats the difference? (technically and performance wise?)
How does the 1500 stack up the the newer 1600 arc?
Thx

Re: Bushnell Elite 1500 Range finder?

I have no experience with the 1600 arc but I have a 1500 and have alot of experience with it. the 1500 is also the standard LRF that the army issues out with our grenade launchers..its pretty accurate up to about 700..after that you need to be stable like on a hard surface or on a tripod. Even then past around the 700 range you need alot of feedback to get a reading. I mean you might not get a reading at 900 off a man but you will off a side of a car.. they are durable as hell and well built...def can take a dropping or two. If i was gonna shoot within 7-9 for 200 bucks sure why not. but if your looking for it to hit out consistantly(yeah you will get the occasional hit farther) than 700 i would look else where...hope this helps out

Thanks for the information, I was looking at buying one off of Ebay. I am wanting one that I can count on out to 1000 plus yards.

I have the 1600 Arc but in form of their Fusion binos. Basically the same unit just packaged differently. As I understand the "Arc" feature is essentially a built in level that measures your readings at angles. When ranging, it measures the angle you are above or below a target and displays it underneath the regular reading. It takes this information into account when calculating holdover information for bullet drop and in Bow mode.

The range finding ability is very good and distant readings display quickly and accurately.
I don't have any experience with the 1500 but the the one I own is more than suitable for my needs. I believe that Bushnell was modest with their claims in ranging ability, many have reached out further than what it's spec'd for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wanabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the information, I was looking at buying one off of Ebay. I am wanting one that I can count on out to 1000 plus yards. </div></div>

well there you go the 1500 is def not for you!

good luck!

Using my 1500, I ranged the corner of a double-wide mobile home Sunday across the lake at 1056 yards, exactly what the Terrapin read. I was braced on a deck rail for that particular shot. It also mirrored the readings of the Terrapin on other shots out to that range.

Keith

Last edited:
I have an old 1500..........It will ping anything out to about 800, 1050 with a steady rest and a couple tries. Beyond that......useless, first year I had it I got hits out to 1300.
However for about the same money there new 1300 G-force (I have two) hits everything out to 1050 instantly and on out to 1300+ on one and 1400+ on the other with a rest. Also is half the size and weight. I think I paid $239 and $269, both new off fleebay, Better glass as well.
I have found the ARC feature that displays the degree of incline to be invaluable, MUST HAVE, will never buy another one without it however........the bullet drop profiles built in to the software are useless compared to any of my loads and the true horizontal distance is only calculated at close range in bow mode making it again....useless.

Last edited: