• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 3-12

ColtSAA.45

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2017
Beaufort, SC
I have the opportunity to purchase a lightly used Bushnell elite 3-12 for under $500. Is this scope still a good buy despite being discontinued and a bit dated? I’ve shot Bushnell elites before and was impressed with the glass quality and the overall build. From old reviews it seems that the ffp reticle is too small at low magnification to be visible in low light situations. Is this an actual concern? This will be going on a coyote/varmint rifle. As such, I’m looking for a moderately priced optic with good durability and build quality.

This is a link to euro optic’s page for the exact discontinued model: https://www.eurooptic.com/BU-ET3124FG-Bushnell-Elite-Tactical-3-12x44-Black-Matte-G2MD.aspx

The original Elite models are still solid optics, but I wouldn’t pay $500 for one personally. I’d maybe consider paying $400 for one if it met some specific need that only that model would fill, but for $500 there are other, more modern, optics that offer significant improvements, IMO.

It’s a definite concern. I’m done messing with ffp scopes without illumination. I’m not sure why scope companies thought it was a good idea to put out scopes like that.
Especially hunting setups.

If it was an LRTSi, I’d pay $500 in a minute. For that particular model, agree $400ish would be more appropriate. I have the LRTSi, for reference. Sad they’ve seen it to discontinue a model line that punched well above its weight class.

Reactions: BCP