• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 6500

summersux

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Lancaster Co, Pennsylvania
I need some help- I want to put a decent scope on my 7mm mag. A friend told me he loves his Bushnell Elite 6500. Does anyone here have experience with this scope? What is your take on the DOA reticle? Any help is appreciated.

Re: Bushnell Elite 6500

I just boutght a 6500 2.5-16x42 I havent had a chance to mount it yet but it feels solid and well built, Glass is pretty top notch from the scopes ive looked through. Maybe i just lucked out but i'd buy another one.

Not sure about the DOA reticle, I got the tactical model with the mil-dots.

I have an Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 and really like it. Mine is the mil dot reticle because that is what they had on sale at the time. (Overstock.com) No real experience with other scopes for comparison but the optics are very clear and adj knobs easy to use without having to look at what you are doing.

I have the mil-dot 2.5-16 X 40: excellent optics, long eye relief, large adjustment range, lifetime warranty. Not much not to like. Excellent choice if you can afford it and I think you would have to pay a lot more to get a significantly better scope.

I have a 2.5x16x50 mounted on my AR-15. I've taken it out coyote hunting in the Nevada Desert. Sad to report none of the coyote's I shot and killed like the scope at all.

They are hard to beat for the price, good glass for the money and the no questions asked warranty works, i tried it. I had two new 3200's show up last week and i see now the warranty is for any owner, not just the first one.

Not the most expensive out there, but works for me, and leaves money for more powder and bullets. blue

I am wanting the same DOA Retcile for my rifle. Anybody seen or messed with one yet?