• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 6500...

Wardy

"Gordy"
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
North Eastern NC
Did a search and didnt find out what i was looking for.

The Elite 6500 4.5-30X50....whats up with this scope? Is it crap or what? I am in the lookin stages for some newer glass and am weighing my options. I am leaning Heavily to another NXS.
Thanks...

Re: Bushnell Elite 6500...

You can't really compare the 6500 to an NXS. I know the Bushnell 6500 is a really good scope but have also heard that the Elite 4200 has just as good quality at the higher magnification as the 6500 and some guys prefer the 4200. I wouldn't say that it's crap, but it's not going to compare to your NXS but Bushnell does make a quality product and I doubt your going to have any issues with it.

Thanks, I was just wondering if it is really worth $750-$1000 that it costand if there were any issues with it.

Thanks.

I have 2 of the 4.5x30x50s. One is a duplex crosshair and the other is a Tactical model with Mil-Dot. I bought both of them thru ebay and were in the $600 range. For that price I really like them. They are not as clear as my upper end Leupolds and do not have the depth perception of my Nightforce scopes. I do like the small size and light weight. Clarity is good and repeatability when moving the dials is great. I did have a problem with the crosshair model losing its parallex adjustment. Sent it in to Bushnell and got it back in 3 weeks with full repair in first class condition.

Got about 400 rounds of 7WSM under my 6500 4.5-30 and still tracks fine. I didn't like it at first (NF whore) but I have actually thought about buying another.

Right on...I could be persuaded to get one of them. $600-$700 is a little easier to get over than $1500...

i have the 2.6-16x50 and unless your using all the tacticool features of the NF or S&B its fine for shooting.

personally i zero it and leave the turrets alone and use hold over to hunt.

The glass is good enough and its a nice scope.

id like a S&B again but when i got money to burn which will be next yr