• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite or Elite 4200

jre4192

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2011
Ohio
Are the older Elite 4200's superior to the new Elites, or are they the same scopes minus the 4200 designation?

Re: Bushnell Elite or Elite 4200

From what ihave been told (so take it with a grain of salt) is bushnell has gone away from the 4200 and 6500 designations and is only branding it now as the Elite which is basically the 6500 and are phasing out the 4200.

I bought a 4200 3-12 last summer while Midway had them on close out. I didn't think there would be any more, but Midway is selling them again. The new line dropped the 4200 and 6200 designstion and from what I've read, the new one has more vertical travel on the adjustment. Same glass and features. Buy with confidence and grab one while you can!

The lens coatings on the new Elites are supposed to be better.

does anyone have any experience with both, maybe a comparison could be done.

LoneWolfUSMC has both and I believe he is doing a review to compare them.

Watch his website: 8541Tactical.com

I like the location of the illumination knobs on the new elite tactical.

But the new one is quite pricy. The best price I can find is around $700, vs the $550 close-out price for the Elite 4200.

The bushnells i have owned had little eye relief,they were short timers for me.I had a 4200 1-5 power and the glass on it was only useable in the center,the outer edges were not clear at all.I had a few other bushnells that had impressions in the tube from the rings,i just dont think they are well made.

Yeah they are real junk...
crazy.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2143390

I have had both, not alot of differences on one or the other IMHO. Both are fantastic scope.