• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Spotting Scope

81mike

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2009
Lebanon, MO
I am looking into purchasing my first spotter since using the M49 in the Marines...I know Zeiss, Swaro, Leica and Kowa are some of the best on the market but they come with the price tag to match their performance.

Can anyone give me some insights to the Bushnell Elite 20-60X80 ED or perhaps the Nikon Fieldscope...would these be suitable scopes or should I just cough up the extra $1000 and go with the big boys?

I will use it minimally in hunting situations and am planning on using it primarily for bench rest shooting. I am hoping to see .30 cal bullet holes at 3-500 yards on good days.

Any help would be most appreciated as I am going to have to pull the trigger on one soon as prime shooting weather is just around the corner here in the Ozarks.

Thanks everybody,
81MIKE

Re: Bushnell Elite Spotting Scope

I would go for the Nikon ED Fieldscope over the Bushnell. They will get get the job done for what you are looking for. The 82ED is the best, obviously, but the 65mm is no slouch either.

You will get lots of opinions here, I'm just offering one on the two models you mention.

Scott

I saw pictures through a Bushnell Excursion, cheapest scope with ED glass and I was really impressed, and the guy stated it was better than the pictures showed. I plan on buying one when I get the funds.

I recall the Bushnell Excursion will be coming out with mildot reticle sometime in the near future....

Jeffvn

I've got to Bushnell your looking at. Good scope expecially for the money. On good days I've been able to see 6.5 mm holes at 600 yards. For a scole that is likely to only go to the range it's not a bad choice. I take it in my pack when I go out, but would rather go to something smaller for field use.