• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Tactical line glass ranking?

Anchor Zero Six

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Corona Komifornia
Looking at the Bushnell Elite Tactical line.

Is there a stack ranking of glass quality or are they all about the same?

Reading old threads the XRS seems to be a bit better than DMR but it was an old post and the scope didnt look like current 4-30. Not sure if that info is still current or not.

Wondering if there was a ranking of these to decide if XRS better than DMR, what about the LRHS?

In general, I find Bushnell glass to be adequate to my needs. Even the 3x9 from the early 60s on my 243 Mauser custom does the job for me. I may not be able to pick out the ticks on a deer's neck at 200 yards but so long as I can determine the junction of the leg and chest, the deer is gonna die. Same thing with a groundhog out to 300 or so, provided wind cooperates.

I never got a exact answer but my year old ERS is better than my three year old DMR. Same power range but the ERS has better clarity and low light performance.

I have an ERS and the glass is very good. Not great but good for the money. It sits on my 6.5 CM Ruger Precision Rifle. A moderately priced tactical scope (with the H59 reticle) on a moderately priced competition rifle. The Bushnell 3.5 - 21 x 50 ERS was judged by Cal on Precision Rifle Blog to be a "Best for the Money" of the 18 scopes he tested. (It came in 9th, ahead of several more pricey scopes.)

My buddy also got a similar XRS scope with the 30x top magnification on my advice. It too sits on a 6.5 CM RPR. I feel his glass is as good as mine. Yeah, cranked to 30x it gets a bit "fuzzy around the edges" but at max power even some more expensive scopes do that.

BTW, I lust after the Vortex AMG scope but love the level indicating reticle on theSIG Tango 6 scope.

My DMRIIi glass is awesome! I just sold my ATACR in favor of this one. For the money, awesome glass for sure!

DK

I have seen pretty noticeable differences in scopes from the same line. All the ETs have pretty good glass, but there is no silver bullet answer here, because some ERS, LRHS and DMR have better looking glass than others, in the same line.

Thanks for info. Was hoping for a more defined ranking like with vortex you know Razor is over PST is over crossfire etc.

Seems like Bushnell is generally held in high regard but some are a bit better than others with no reason why.

Guess I should focus on features and narrow it down thst way.

I have an ERS and the glass is very good. Not great but good for the money. It sits on my 6.5 CM Ruger Precision Rifle. A moderately priced tactical scope (with the H59 reticle) on a moderately priced competition rifle. The Bushnell 3.5 - 21 x 50 ERS was judged by Cal on Precision Rifle Blog to be a "Best for the Money" of the 18 scopes he tested. (It came in 9th, ahead of several more pricey scopes.)

My buddy also got a similar XRS scope with the 30x top magnification on my advice. It too sits on a 6.5 CM RPR. I feel his glass is as good as mine. Yeah, cranked to 30x it gets a bit "fuzzy around the edges" but at max power even some more expensive scopes do that.

BTW, I lust after the Vortex AMG scope but love the level indicating reticle on theSIG Tango 6 scope.

I have the same setup on my RPR. its good quality at that price, and a zero stop to boot.

My DMRIIi glass is awesome! I just sold my ATACR in favor of this one. For the money, awesome glass for sure!

DK

Do you think the glass is better than the ATACR or just what u get for the money? Just curious as I have a 5-25 MIL-C ATACR and have been curious about the DMR because the glass "will" be sitting on top of a gas gun.

Last edited:
smvmarine

i actually compared the 2 scopes side by side, and decided on selling my ATACR in favor of the DMR. To my eyes, the DMR was clearer and more forgiving to my old eyes.

In addition to that, I much preferred the 50mm objective of the DMR as well. It also bothered me with the entire eyepiece turning on the ATACR. It would cause me problems with my Aadmount caps while running the bolt on lower power.

All in all, I am much happier with the DMR!!

DK