• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Tactical scope quality?

Re: Bushnell Elite Tactical scope quality?

It's a fine scope, and the recent model has corrected one of problems with the older 4200 series, lack of elevation range. The new model has 75 MOA vs 48 MOA of the old one.

But if that's the power range you want, you should consider this one:

Bushnell 6245F

With matching reticle-knob design, FFP reticle and Illumination, it's simply a better scope

I looked at that one but didn't want the lighted reticle, I don't plan to shoot in any low light situations. Thanks.

I have two and absolutely love them for what they offer, given the price. They reside on, coincidentally, my Remington 700 PSS in 308 and Remington 700 PSS in 223. Glass is clear, turrets are nice, illuumination is OK (green), tracking is perfect and the FFP is good to have. I would prefer more reticle choices - not just mildot, but I can live with it. The internal adjustment limitation didn't bother me since I have them on 20 MOA rails. With a zero of 100 yards, I have enough adjustment to dial out to almost 1200 yards on the 308. Cool thing is that it has a sort of defacto zero-stop since I have about 1.5 Mil more adjustment after a return to zero.

Disclosure: Yes, I have them both up for sale in the Classifieds on this site - not at all because I don't like them, but need the cash temporarily. Of the scopes I have listed, I'd keep them before the Mark 4 and IOR's...

I have the discontinued 3-12 FFP 4200. The glass is very good. The knobs are a little mushy, but it seems to track true. The illumination knob is also not very precise.

The illumination itself is just ok...it's too bright, and blooms out of the objective end pretty badly, but I don't use illum. much anyway.

It lacks elevation travel--I only have 10.2 mils of UP with a 10 moa base. I use the reticle to get to 1150 yards in .308 (~14 mils), but that's about the max anyway.

For the $570 I paid, it's a great scope. I would not spend $800+ however.

They are great scopes for the money. I never recommended the older ones due to the lack of elevation but the newer ones are great option for the price.

I have 3 of them . 1 3-12 ffp and 2 6-24 ffp. I have been very happy with their performance . I would buy another in a second if I needed another scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 3 of them . 1 3-12 ffp and 2 6-24 ffp. I have been very happy with their performance . I would buy another in a second if I needed another scope
</div></div>

Could you post a thread to the scopes you are talking about? Thanks
smile.gif

I also have the 3-12 FFP, and 2 different 2.5-16x 6500's Awesome glass for the money!!!!

I have the 4200 Elite Tactical, older model with green marked turrets and less elevation travel. It gives me the necessary MIL travel to get a 175 gr. SMK .308 to 1000 with room to spare. I've not attempted nor had the opportunity to shoot it farther. Like posted before, mine is mounted on a 20 MOA base to give about 11 MIL vertical and a little room below 100 yard zero (not that you really need that).

I too can't say enough good about it. I could afford that scope at the time and not a Night Force with the same features. Thus far it has perfomed excellently. The FFP has spoiled me. I shot with a SFP retical on another rifle last week and was missing the FFP. If they start making a hollow MIL dot like Night Force I would even be planning on putting the Bushnell on my .22-250, Night Force on my .308 and moving the Millet to a rifle I'm going to put together for my wife. I'd just buy another Bushnell Elite. Heck I may end up doing that anyway. I'm starting to wonder if I want a NF just to say I have one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two and absolutely love them for what they offer, given the price. They reside on, coincidentally, my Remington 700 PSS in 308 and Remington 700 PSS in 223. Glass is clear, turrets are nice, illuumination is OK (green), tracking is perfect and the FFP is good to have. I would prefer more reticle choices - not just mildot, but I can live with it. The internal adjustment limitation didn't bother me since I have them on 20 MOA rails. With a zero of 100 yards, I have enough adjustment to dial out to almost 1200 yards on the 308. Cool thing is that it has a sort of defacto zero-stop since I have about 1.5 Mil more adjustment after a return to zero.

Disclosure: Yes, I have them both up for sale in the Classifieds on this site - not at all because I don't like them, but need the cash temporarily. Of the scopes I have listed, I'd keep them before the Mark 4 and IOR's... </div></div>

jtb33 and others, I appreciate the response but you know this post would be much better with pics. of your 2 rifles. (hint, hint):) Thanks.

The new 6-24x50 Elite Tactical has 75 moa of adjustment and I'll most likely use a 15-20 moa base just to make sure I have enough elevation for that rare occasion I want to shoot at 1K.

6-24X50 4200, brake by SSG in 243AI (105 Bergers)
= lots of fun.

IMG00179-20110523-2035.jpg

IMG00181-20110523-2036.jpg

IMG00186-20110523-2041.jpg

cell phone pics
frown.gif

T

Another 3-12 FFP mil/mil here. Tracks perfectly and the glass is great..wont find a better solution for the price.

mk124200.jpg

I originally at the Bushnell 4200 Tactical 6-24 with mil reticle and MOA turrets on the same rifle. Also a great scope.

mk12.JPG

I have a 6X24X50 on a .308 Winchester, with a 20 MOA one piece bass, and it is a very good set up. It is not a Leupold MK4, but it is well worth having. I personally dislike the FFP, and would not get one with that feature, but at least when I got mine, they give you a choice. The glass is good and clear and bright, it comes standard with a 5" sunshade, the crosshairs are a little bit thick, for my liking,it tracks well and the adjustments are very good. I actually shoot out to 1000 yards, and have a NRA Master classification in Long Range High Power (not F-Class, I shoot using a sling)and I like the MK4 better than any other scope, but can only afford one, and I am happy with the Bushnell. The lack of internal adjustment is the only fault, but with the 20 MOA base,it will work at 1000.

I have one. Not sure if it is the old or the new. Works pretty well. Illumination is too bright, and not even, but no biggie. It seems to require extreme attention to eye position to even see anything but black in the scope. Once lined up it seems to have decent glass and stays on zero well.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=2122912

I have the 3x12ffp and have been more than pleased with the purchase tracking is spot on and has yet to fail me in any way.
I have shot it out to 1056 yards with repeated hits. Can someone mil the plate in the bottom pic the plate is 9.5 inches across.
Picture012.jpg

Picture009.jpg

I’ve go no problem recommending an Elite tactical to anyone. I have 3 Elites, two being tactical. The have proved very rugged and repeatable. Knobs are a little big, but very easy to get use to. There easy enough for a 12 year old to use.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1bnl8470V0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1bnl8470V0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks for the response guys, I'm pretty sure this is the scope I'll be choosing for the Remington 700 PSS. I found a really good price at Budsgunshop.com and will most likely order from them. Thanks again.

I'm thinking I'll get an EGW HD aluminum matte 20 moa base, and SWFA 30mm 6 hole rings. Opinions?

I have one new in box sealed for sale in the FS section $810 shipped if anyone wants it!!