• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes bushnell elite warrenty?

M700Love

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2011
Jonesboro, AR
I have a bushnell 3200 elite 10x40 mil dot, this past week end at the range I notice that something was on in the inside of the objective lense, kinda like tint peeling back on car window. Does any one know exactly how it is coated? I called them and all they could say send it to them and they will fix. Just couldn't get an answer to how long I will be with out it. Got a predator hunt coming up in 3 weeks. It works as is so should I use it for the hunt then send it in?

Re: bushnell elite warrenty?

I would keep it for your hunt if it's your only scope, or your preferred scope. Warranty work can take months in some cases. Shipping time, if using standard shipping, there and back can take 2 weeks alone. I wouldn't chance it. Just my .02

Let me see what I can get done for you. PM me your name/address and I'll get a replacement out to you.

sent in a 6-24 elite on 5-7-11, back at my door on 5-21-11, repaired and works like it should again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grendel 6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me see what I can get done for you. PM me your name/address and I'll get a replacement out to you. </div></div>

This guy is a good dude he will do what he can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grendel 6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me see what I can get done for you. PM me your name/address and I'll get a replacement out to you. </div></div>

Bushnell = good people, great service

Grendel will take care of you, no doubt

M700Love, replacement scope should be getting mailed out Monday/Tuesday, so I would think that by Thursday/Friday it should be at your residence. Let me know when it shows up. As for the faulty unit, just mail it back at your convenience, I will be interested to take it apart and see what happened.

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grendel 6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M700Love, replacement scope should be getting mailed out Monday/Tuesday, so I would think that by Thursday/Friday it should be at your residence. Let me know when it shows up. As for the faulty unit, just mail it back at your convenience, I will be interested to take it apart and see what happened.

Jeff </div></div>
This is why I will be buying a scope from you, Jeff. Your customer service is outstanding to the point that you've eliminated virtually all of the competition!

I'm just figuring the same thing myself. Got a 6500 2.5-16x42 while ago from U.S., scope is now in finland and I noticed that the elevation turret reset doesn't work. You should be able to lift the turret, dial it to zero and push it back, and it works like that in windage, but the elevation turret is SUPER tight and when you manage to pry it up, it's not loose, you can hear clicks when you turn it.

Now, it's not a big issue but it's always crap when you run into issues like this when you get manufacturers "top of the line" optics.

Now I'm wondering how the bushnell warranty works when you get the scope from another continent

Heikkiv,

BUSHNELL OUTDOOR PRODUCTS EUROPE & FRANCE
4 rue Diderot
92150 Suresnes - France
Tél : + 33 1 41 44 94 80
Fax : + 33 1 41 44 06 09
[email protected]

They should be able to direct you on where to send it to get it replaced.

Thanks Grendel. Sent mail to them how to proceed. Now let's hope they'll answer. So far I've been pretty pleased with bushnells, I've owned bushnells from every elite series and they're pretty good budget scopes for hunting, really like the rainguard stuff. However, if this "warranty" deal turns out to be empty words it'll probably be the last bushnell I get, there are so much new players in the field
wink.gif

To be honest, I generally feel that these continent-based warranty rules are crap. I really don't care if the warranty is no questions asked in one continent and "30 days maybe warranty and the F U" in other. I want to get my scopes where I feel like and be sure that if they're broken, I get them fixed.

Seems that the mark4 leupold brought some kind of optics curse to my house.. luckily at least their warranty was top notch (at least with warranty rules, it's still being fixed in germany
wink.gif

Yepp. No answer whatsoever from Bushnell. Wasn't a big surprise but pretty much means that no Bushnells for me anymore.

Heikkiv, it shouldn't be that difficult and I apologize. Did you try and call? No excuse for no service though. I am taking it up with the director in Europe to get an answer. I know that won't help your immediate situation and I wish I could do more, but the fact that this was purchased internationally really limits the amount I can help.

Heikkiv, You will be contacted by someone from our office in France. Let me know if you are not, but I was told today that they would be in contact with you.