• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell ERS at max vs. XRS at 21

setter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2006
Oregon City, Oregon
Trying to decide between the two. Want maximum usable magnification. Have heard varying opinions on XRS at 30. Wondering if the ERS is similarly compromised at its max such that I could use the XRS to beyond 21x and get a better image. Worried about how visible the reticle subtensions will be if I can't get to 30x. I'm assuming that the ERS and XRS will have similarly thick lines and similar reticle views at they're max mags. Any opinions appreciated.

Got my XRS with the H59 about a week ago.

The H59 is pretty heavy at 30x but still usable. I found myself loving the 20-28x most often but it's nice to have.
The day that I got to shoot with it, the mirage was crazy bad for everyone, and a SS suppressor with a magnum caliber made it even worse for me.

The info I got from guys prior to my pic up was the ERS was the better choice because the suggestion that anything over the 21x was quickly degrading. I can understand this, but I need to run it in different conditions before I'll admit it to be true for me.