• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell ERS vs. Mark 6 3-18

strike33

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2012
Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Hey Hide,
My new PCR built 308 will arrive shortly and its time to decide on glass. I'm looking for a lighter weight compact scope to fit on top of the 18.5" Manners folder
I've been looking at both the ERS and the Mark 6 (most likely with the TMR). With the Leupold MIL pricing the two are very comparable.
Any thoughts or advice?
thanks

How does the glass in the ERS/XRS compare to the new Mark4/6/8?

If you can get them close to same, go mk6. I have mk6, mk8, mk4 and the bushnell XRS now. MK4's are smoked IMO by all the others. The bushnell is great but the mk6 is really a nice set up. If I was getting another with Mil pricing, mk6 for sure. (My mk4 is not the mk4 m5 ert. It's a few years older.)

Last edited:
If you can get them close to same, go mk6. I have mk6, mk8, mk4 and the bushnell XRS now. MK4's are smoked IMO by all the others. The bushnell is great but the mk6 is really a nice set up. If I was getting another with Mil pricing, mk6 for sure. (My mk4 is not the mk4 m5 ert. It's a few years older.)

Sorry to hit you up again, but you are literally the first person I've seen on a half dozen forums who has the Mark 6 and the XRS.

Can you speak to the glass qualify of the Leupold vs the Bushnell?

What, specifically, do you like about the Mark 6 better? Obvious would be size and weight, but let me know if there are other factors.

Thanks so much!

I actually have the mk6 1-6 with illuminated tmr personally. A rifle I have shot A LOT for work has the mk6 3-18. The closer
power band is the ERS 3.5-21. I will say with close power band comparison, I feel the turrets are better, scope is more compact, glass is more crisp and the objective is nice and small.

I really almost feel bad as I really like the ERS and XRS, but I had my xrs when I pulled the trigger on the mk8 and mk6. Then; I was shooting with a mk6 3-18 for work and was really impressed.

Problem is, with rifles, pistols, ammo, gear, fast cars, etc.; I can't justify dumping the xrs for the mk6. For now anyway ;-). If I could order another, it'd be according to what I'd want to do but would likely be a mk8 3.5-25 or mk6 3-18 with discount.

So many projects...

I have the 3-18 and really like it. Before you decide to go Leupold give Bushnell a call. They have a mil discount on their products that are not shown on promotive. I'm not gonna advertise the price but the HDMR was less than 2/3 the price of the MK6 with Leupolds mil discount.

I have the 3-18 and really like it. Before you decide to go Leupold give Bushnell a call. They have a mil discount on their products that are not shown on promotive. I'm not gonna advertise the price but the HDMR was less than 2/3 the price of the MK6 with Leupolds mil discount.

Thanks! I'll give them a call

Out of curiosity, what is the MIL/LEO pricing on the Mk6 3-18 TMR?

A PM would be great if somebody is willing to share, thanks!

I have the 3-18. Only thing I don't like about it is the elevation turret is kinda mushy for a 2000+ dollar scope and is hard to move only .1 mil. Windsor is great. Other thing I don't like is how hard the focus (not parallax) is to adjust. Other than that it's perfect minus some illumination. For the weight and size it incredibly hard to beat. If you are a Horus guy , the elevation turrets won't even be used much and the mk 6 with a h58 would be money. I have the TMR and love it.

Seems like the XRS is within a C-Note of the Mk.6 3-18's MIL/LEO pricing...though the Leupold is 2/3lb lighter.

The Mark 6, ERS, and XRS are all within -/+ $200 of each other, which is what is making this decision so difficult.

I know, trust me. I have been on the fence for two weeks now.

Why? Just out of curiosity. Is price the major factor, or are you favoring the Mark 6 for other reasons as well?

Idk what the Mil pricing is but I got my XRS for $1670 shipped from SWFA with the price match.

Why? Just out of curiosity. Is price the major factor, or are you favoring the Mark 6 for other reasons as well?

I like the design and the size of the Mark 6 better. Although I do favor the G2 reticle. This would be going on a 18.5 .308 with a Manners Folder. I'm trying to keep everything small

Roger that. I appreciate the info. In the sense of small and light, the Mark 6 would certainly get my nod.