• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes bushnell ET 3124 vs Vortex PST 416s1-m

Francqua

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2012
Portland, OR
I am just stewing over this decision. I purchased a Millett TRS-1 the other day. It arrived on a flatbed semi! The trs-1 scope is HUGE. So damn big it won't fit between my BUIS...damn. not moving the buis..like then where they are. Back the TRS-1 goes. So I've crunched the list down to the bushnell et3124f or a vortex pst 416s1-m. Could use some input or opinions. The bush has FFP, vortex has SFP...bush has only x12 max mag...the vortex has x16...give and take. Both have illuminated recticles...So I'm stumped. The prices are almost identicle. HELP! getting back into shooting paper then hogs and varmits. Staring at 100 to 300 yards; then working out to 600. So many goodies...so little time (or $) damn.
PS: budget is $600 to $700

Re: bushnell ET 3124 vs Vortex PST 416s1-m

They are both decent scopes for the money. You can get the Vortex in FFP as well. I have the Bushnell ET6245F and haven't had any issues with. Not a lot of bells and whistles to it but it works.

Vortex CS is really good. I'd probably go with the PST if I was to do it again. You'll have do some searching to get a PST. I just bought a Razor so the bushy is going to go.

Vortex PST's are freakin awesome!! I love Vortex, and wish that I had gone that route a LONG time ago!!

DK

Yep, I've looked at the Vortex pst in FFP..but my budget won't stretch that far!

Why not get a SFP?? With the magnification multipliers, it's really easy to work with. I always like to use max magnification anyways, so it is really no big deal to me.

$699.00 all day everywhere, unless you can find one in the for sale section. However, good luck with that task!!

DK