• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bushnell Excursion Group Buy: **9/1 Update**

ceylonc

Eberlestock Dealer
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2006
Memphis, TN
UPDDATE 6/20: GROUP BUY HAS NOW CLOSED. THANKS GUYS!

Just wanted to let the folks here know that I'm trying to put together a GROUP BUY on the new Bushnell Excursion FLP spotter. This is for model <span style="font-weight: bold">#781570ED</span>, which features 15-45x 60mm, FFP, and updated Mil Hash reticle.

If you're interested, here's a link to the Group Buy.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2605515#Post2605515

I need 10 commitments in order to get it off the ground...

Thanks for looking.
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Re: Heads up: Bushnell Excursion Group Buy!

Just curious....how much are we talking here for the group buy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RebelYell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious....how much are we talking here for the group buy?
</div></div>

Please check your PM inbox...

Update...

We're up to SEVEN commits! Just 3 more to go & this Group Buy will be launched!

Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested. Details will follow.

Thanks!

What is the GB price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the GB price? </div></div>

Please check your PM inbox...

Thanks!

We're up to EIGHT commits now. Just 2 more & the Group Buy will be a GO!

All PMs have been replied. Feel free to ask if you have questions or are interested in joining...

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interested in price.....please pm.
</div></div>

Thanks for your interest. Please check your PM inbox.

Sunday morning update...

Good news guys, we're up to NINE commits! Just 1 more and the Group Buy is ON. It will last for 7 days once I get the 10th commit and the final order will be placed with Bushnell.

Thanks & please send me a PM if you're interested!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">price please </div></div>

Your PM inbox is full. I'll send details to the email listed in your profile.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GillJr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price? </div></div>

Please check your PM inbox. Thanks for your interest.

The Group Buy is a GO. It will be open until Sunday, June 19th, at 11:59pm.

Thanks!

Interested in price. Just got all the parts for my long range rig and have been looking for a scope I can use at both the range and hunting/outdoors.

I'm interested, but not at that price!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Xview</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested, but not at that price! </div></div>
Hmmm, I don't have any message from you. Are you interested in joining or not??? What's your point in posting here???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ceylon when will these be available to send as I am pretty keen to get one </div></div>

Thanks for the message. The group buy will close on Sunday, June 19th @ 11:59pm. I'll place the order on Monday, June 20th. Once they land at my warehouse, they will be shipped out in the order in which payments were received. So, I should have the units by next Thursday or Friday (23rd or 24th), assuming Bushnell processes the order & ships in a timely manner.

Other questions, just ask!

Thanks

PMs replied

Thanks guys!

Ok, we're in the last few days of the Group Buy. It is going to close on <span style="font-weight: bold">SUNDAY, JUNE 19TH AT 11:59PM</span>.

If you're interested, <span style="font-style: italic">PLEASE SEND ME A PM </span>and I'll reply with the details.

Thanks again!
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

For those of you who are "in", I have sent you a PM detailing the preliminary checkout instructions. Please feel free to ask if you have questions.

If you're considering this spotter, there is still time to take advantage of this Group Buy! Shoot me a PM & I'll get you the info.

Thanks guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pm sent for a price. </div></div>

PMs replied.

Just ONE MORE DAY & the Group Buy closes.

Please get in touch asap if you want in.

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Final bump, Group Buy ends at MIDNIGHT tonight...

Thanks a ton guys!

The cutoff for the Group Buy has elapsed and is now CLOSED. Thanks guys for the inquiries!

A PM will be sent to all the participants with checkout instructions later this morning.

Thanks guys!

Ceylon Blackwell
deltaoutdoorsman.com

***UPDATE 9/1/11***

Guys, while I haven't heard back from the Regional Manager, I spoke with Bushnell Dealer Services today and have some good news. Based on my conversation with the rep (who will not be named for privacy reasons), the Excursion FLP spotter has CLEARED "QUALITY ASSURANCE" AND IS SCHEDULED FOR SHIPMENT TO MY WAREHOUSE SEPTEMBER 26th!!! So, we FINALLY have some news indicating that this spotter is about to be ready for prime time!!!

I'll continue to try to reach my Regional Manager to confirm this update. In the meantime, everybody PLEASE cross your fingers and hope that this timeline comes to fruition.

To everybody, I want to thank you for your patience. If you have questions, feel free to get in touch.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorman.com
(901)334-6808

**Update 9/24/11**

Got an update regarding the Group Buy. I'm not going to mince words here, it ain't good...

I received the following email on Thursday, 9/22, from the Bushnell Regional Manager, who has been my contact regarding the release of the new Excursion FLP Spotter with FLP reticle (#791570ED). I am omitting the names for obvious reasons but the remainder of the email is word for word:

"<span style="font-style: italic">Ceylon,

In regards to the spotting scope, the last communication I had was that we had one clear QA and were waiting for the next shipment to make sure the rest cleared. I was surprised as anyone. My only assumption at this point is that the second batch failed and that Bushnell decided to scrap that particular model (or supplier, perhaps) and start from scratch. That is pure speculation on my part, but regardless, we are all left hanging by this development.

I have no spotting scope to offer you with any kind of reticle. We do have a scope similar to what you had ordered, 785460ED, but as I said, no reticle.

XXXXXXXX and I both share your disappointment and will keep you advised of any new developments. I apologize for the inconvenience and want to assure you that this is not our normal SOP.

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement/ Bushnell Outdoor Products

XXXXXXXXXX Regional Manager-LE

[email protected]
www.unclemikesle.com
www.bushnell.com</span>"

So, this is all I've been able to find out regarding the situation. To say I'm stunned, disappointed & frustrated by this news is a massive understatement.

What does this mean from here...

I'll be mailing refunds on Monday. For those of you who have been patiently waiting for your spotter, I'll be in touch with you via email, PM, and phone to confirm your mailing address & name you want on your refund check. Once I'm able to confirm this info, your check will be mailed. Everybody will hopefully have their money back by the end of this coming week.

I would like to tell everybody that I am sorry this Group Buy has pretty much blown up. Sometimes the most well intended plans go to crap & it looks like I've got egg on my face here. I'm sorry for holding your hard earned money for 2 months & then not be able to deliver on the product. I wish I could get more info from Bushnell as to WHY they discontinued a spotter before it even hit the market but I guess their brass decided that bringing the unit to market didn't make sense anymore...

Thanks & please get in touch if you have questions. Again, I'm very sorry for the news & hope you'll understand that this is NOT the way I like to do business.

Ceylon

What a piss off for all concerned -you,d think bushnall would have their suppliers for manufacturing done pat by now ?

To me this pretty much seals all my doubts about Bushnell as an optics company. They may have a few neato new products, but this shows how they operate as a company to me. I imagine they stand behind this products equally well (meaning not at all).

Screw Bushnell.

FWIW, I dont doubt Bushnell as a quality company. Im pretty sure I was one of the first ones in this group buy and can say that I was pissed at first, but would rather have my money back than a pos spotting scope that failed me. Like I told Ceylon, a lot of us can only afford the nice things when vendors are kind enough to do group buys or discounts. I own and have owned several Bushnell scopes and havent had to use their CS once, maybe Im lucky but I like that fact.

Id rather have them pull the plug and re-evaluate everything than put out a pos.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I just wanted to mention my experience with the Bushnell spotter I was waiting on through their military sales. I sent my order and payment in back in June, periodically checked in with the Mil-sales rep and got the same info on QC problems and returned shipments to the manufacture. About two weeks ago when I did my latest checkin I was told he has no good info to give me and they have no idea when they will get a product to the market. So he substituted with something he had on hand for a shockingly low price. I won't mention any more details about it than that because I feel he went above and beyond what was required and why that was the case, I don't know- they obviously couldn't do that with everyone who's been awaiting their new spotting scope. Maybe it was because I was ordering through the mil-sales branch or because I had personal contact as one individual... I don't know. And I don't want to mention the full details because I don't want people calling them up and saying "well I should have gotten ----- too!".

Anyway, whatever reason it panned out the way it did, I am very, very happy with the way I was treated. I plan to order a rifle scope from the mil-sales of bushnell in the very near future. They would have to do something downright horrible for me to have a bad thing to say about them now. I really cannot say enough positive things about the way the situation was ultimately resolved.

I suppose the moral to this story is that the company isn't a bad company. Shitty things happen that sometimes just cannot be foreseen. Just be thankful that they are taking the hit on this instead of pushing a shit product out the door. The worst everyone is out here is time.

Did they cancel the entire excursion line or just the new one with the hash mark reticle?

I don't know that it's per-say canceled... it just won't be released for sales anytime soon. And the older mil-dot version is no longer available; they were going to transition over to the mil-hash entirely thus stopped selling the mil-dot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the older mil-dot version is no longer available; they were going to transition over to the mil-hash entirely thus stopped selling the mil-dot. </div></div>

BIG mistake, IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tengo1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they cancel the entire excursion line or just the new one with the hash mark reticle? </div></div>
Based on what I have been told by my management contact(s), the Excursion FLP line with Mil Hash reticle has been DISCONTINUED. Does this mean that Bushnell won't resurrect the model in the future: who knows. While details are still uncertain, circumstances behind the new model's discontinuation could reside solely with the vendor being used to manufacture the spotter OR that Bushnell didn't like the numbers behind the manufacture & margins. Nobody knows except the upper echelon at Bushnell so this could be pure speculation but it is based on conversations with Regional level management.

Bottom line, it SUCKS that this spotter got discontinued. ASSUMING it wasn't cancelled due to product performance or assembly issues, then we're all left without a viable option for a spotter with the Excursion's features at a price under $500.00. Why it was discontiued is irrevelant, it doesn't change the reality of the situation...

To Group Buy participants,

ALL REFUNDS have been processed & are in transit to your respective addresses. I would be happy to provide check #s, just send me a PM & I'll provide the requested documentation.

Again, I want to thank each & every one of you for joining the Group Buy. I am VERY disappointed that I wasn't able to delivery the spotter but circumstances beyond my control came into play.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have questions.

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808