• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Excursion Problem

MacMan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2009
USA
WTF?Just came minutes ago,I open the box and this:Bad seals in the main objective?Can not see through the optic at all.
0413001719.jpg

0413001720.jpg

0413001720a.jpg

0413001721.jpg

Re: Bushnell Excursion Problem

This has happened before. I'll see if I can find the thread. I bought the one with the rangeing reticle and it was good to go but others had problems.

Ken

Thanks KHOOKS,This is the tactical excursion with the Mil-dot reticle,wondered if anyone else has seen or had this problem.

I have been rangeing with mine and its on the money. I'm really happy with it for the money. That being said mine was a good one.
I think if they will make it right and you can get a good one you'll like the scope.

Not sure how the law works in the US, but wouldn't the Retailer be oblidged to provide a replacement or refund? I put the question mark there as I notice alot of guys make reference to sending the scope back to Bushnell them selves...

On his blog, Scott (Liberty Optics) mentioned that he wouldn't carry any of these any longer (about a year ago or so) because some units actually showed up with water in them...not just condensation but a very noticeable amount.

I test-drove one of these through SWFA and thought it was pretty decent, esp. for the price, and that unit was just fine. But seeing something like this after reading what Scott had to say just makes it more apparent there is a major design/manufacturing defect.

I sent an email w/pics to the retailer in CA.Also have been contact with Jacob Loper, at Bushnell customer service and was informed Bushnell will resolve the issue.

Seems that it did not pass the "water" test and made it through QC anyway.New one shipped out today should have it by the end of the week.

So the questions are:
Where did you get it?
How long was that particular scope in their inventory?
As the problems with these spotting scopes have supposedly been recently resolved, could it be that you got one from an older inventory when the bad units were still being manufactured, or is this really one of current manufacture?

It was new inventory,just in from Bushnell after a eight week back order.Bear Basin Outfitters was the retailer.Two hours after it was delivered to my home,Bear Basin had shipped a new one and scheduled a UPS driver to pick up the defective model today for return.Bushnell had also made contact with me to schedule return/replacement.Excellent customer service from Randy @ Bear Basin as well as Bushnell.

Damn. I <span style="font-style: italic">almost</span> regretted spending what I did on my Kowa 664 when I heard that Bushnell was "fixing" the issues with these. But, it appears to be more of the same.

It certainly does sound like they're nice when you get a good one. Good luck with it, hope your next one is good to go.