• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Forge vs Athlon Midas Tac for NRL22

Heffo

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
NSW Australia
Hi all, first post I’ve put up here. Had a bit of a search but nothing to match what I’m after. Both these scopes come in at around $1200-1300 down here in Australia. I think I’ve narrowed it down to these two. My XRS’s have to high a parallax, Steiner T5Xi lives elsewhere. I shoot a PRS style competition over here which only goes out to 100 metres. And then I’ll have a plink out too 2-300 metres every now and then. Just wondering what people’s experiences are with these two scopes if any? My CZ trainer currently has a Vortex Razor on it while another build is being completed, but for me is far too much money on a 22LR unfortunately. The Athlon Ares is a little more than I want to spend. The Bushnell match pro isn’t here yet (we are so far behind over here it’s not funny) I’ve heard nothing but good things about both of these scopes but would love to hear thoughts to convince me over my indecisiveness. Cheers Luke!!

I ran the Forge for quite a while on my CZ before I switched to the Match Pro - and the only reason I switched was I liked the turrets on the Match Pro better. You won't be disappointed with the Forge.

I love my Midas TACs...currently have 2 and will be buying more of them down the road. I prefer the APRS3 reticle

Cheers for the replies.....decisions!! Maybe try Athlon for something different.