• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC - Specific Questions

CPRifle

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
Colorado
www.cprifle.com
I'm in the market for a LRF as well as a pair of binos. The Fusions seem very attractive to me for my intended uses (target/competition shooting, steel targets to 1000 yards generally). I was able to try a pair out at a store, but I really couldn't test the capability very well. Here are my questions;

1) I'm not sure what setting the brightness was set to, but the display was very dim, almost un-readable. With the brightness turned all the way up, is the display usable in bright light scenarios?

2) How reliable/accurate is the ranging of steel targets (say 1 MOA) and to what distances?

Actual user experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC - Specific Questions

There are a few other reviews if you look for them, but as to your specific questions. Here are my experiences.

I have no trouble seeing the display in bright sunlight with a snow covered setting, but I still got young eyes.
I know at dusk, the #4 brightness setting is WAY to bright, but that's the beauty of having it adjustable. Its plenty bright in my opinion.

I have only been able to compare mine to the Leupold bino style, and the Bushnell 1500 ARC. The Fusion hits the mark more reliable and faster than either of the previously mentioned.
I have hit grassy hill sides with mine at 1580m, just short of a mile with a non-reflective background. Quite impressive for a $700 unit.

I believe that with a 1moa steel target, bright white in perfect conditions, you could probably get very close to 1600yds or even better if you have a good stable hold.

1000yds is a chip shot for this unit.

It is a bit dim on a really bright day but if you put it on the brightest setting it is visible and then easy to switch to a lower brightness as light conditions change. I have never not been able to use it due to brightness.

Y'day I ranged a concrete industrial chimney at 1575 yrds and was within a few yards on three occasions. I ranged a small steel target sign at 800 yrds too.

You might have noticed the lens has a slight blue tint to it, some don't like that but it isn't an issue for me and for the money i think Bushnell have nailed it.

Got talked out of them, out of the Leica 1600, and into the Swaro 8x30. Borrowed one the other day and ranged sandstone bluffs out to 1922 yds in broad daylight, so they are the standard for a reason, even if they lack some of the latest features.

Gander Mountain has them on sale for $674 - get ya one!

Thanks all, for the quick responses... I got a pair on the way.

9H - Thanks for the intel!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got talked out of them, out of the Leica 1600, and into the Swaro 8x30. Borrowed one the other day and ranged sandstone bluffs out to 1922 yds in broad daylight, so they are the standard for a reason, even if they lack some of the latest features.

Gander Mountain has them on sale for $674 - get ya one! </div></div>

is this not a monocular? do you use it as a dedicated field scanning optic or do you carry binoculars as well?

The beauty of the Fusion is that you don't need both, only carrying one device is where the value comes into play.

Ive ranged to 1840 with my fusions. Sometimes I have to play with moving the binos around a hair to be able to see the display if Im quartered to the sun. I like the brush/target mode.