• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell H59 HDMR

375snot

Minuteman
Feb 10, 2010
I just took this scope through the ringer and I have never seen a scope that can compete in quality of construction, glass, warranty, ease of use, reticle or magnification range for under $2500.

If you have one in mind I'd like to know about it. I loved this glass so much that I bought 3 and will use it exclusively. I got rid of my leupold and NF scopes to make room for this.

Thoughts? Rebuttles?

Re: Bushnell H59 HDMR

Ask Jon Lester what he thinks of his. I got a chance to do a little spotting behind it about 2 months back. The reticle didn't strike me as something I immediately wanted but I suppose I can see getting used to it. The overall build of the scope was impressive though.

My thoughts?

I wish I could have grabbed one of these back when they introduced them to Mil/LE for like $850 or whatever it was a few months back. That was a smokin' deal!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be getting my HDMR in December with the GAP 2 reticle. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait and the cash.</div></div>

I have the h58 model one and i can pretty much guarentee you won't be dissapointed.

I know people that are shit canning the Schmidt Benders for these, I got one to play with and cant wait to get it. The one thing with the horus versions its sometimes diffucult to see hits on target due to the tickness of the reticle. You really can only turn the power down so much before the reticle will fade away. I could not believe how many were being used by people that usually use SB, glass.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know people that are shit canning the Schmidt Benders for these
Rich </div></div>

REEEAAAALLLYYYYYYYYY??? Let's not get carried away. I don't think I'll be shit canning my S&B'ers for Bushnells anytime soon.............

but not because the quality was 100% equal, but because the quality is good enough, that selling the S&B and buying tons of gear and necessities didn't leave me feeling like I had some second line backup gear that my buddy loaned me!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be getting my HDMR in December with the GAP 2 reticle. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait and the cash.</div></div>

I have the h58 model one and i can pretty much guarentee you won't be dissapointed.</div></div> I've been reading everything I can on the HDMR and I'm banking on the quality that it has set for itself. Only thing that sucks, is that it's barely October.

Yep,I found the same thing. I bought a HDMR H-59 because the regular Horus line of scopes and warranty leave a lot to be desired and the ones I've owned didn't track correctly.Man am I impressed!

I've always liked and used the H-reticles but as I grew in the practical precision game I realized that I needed a scope that tracked correctly. If I'm going to be shooting at 500Y for most of the match I don't want to holdover I want to dial for 500Y and use the crosshair. So in the past I was forced to spend more money than I really wanted to. I had 4 long range rifles to outfit and I wasn't going to put $12,000 worth of friggen scopes on them just so I could have a Horus reticle! I'm sure many of you can relate to my dilemma.

Well needless to say I'm glad Bushnell designed this scope. No it's not a S$B or a Hensoldt but it's getting pretty close,closer than you'd think. Mainly the glass. I compared my IOR 6-24 with the HDMR and found that I could resolve better with the HDMR. The glass is superior in the IOR than any of my Nightforce's and when I did some side by side comparo's to some friends S$B and Hensoldt's I was surprised how good the IOR was. Not quite as good but almost. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the HDMR does in comparison some day.

IMO the H-59 is the best Horus reticle design yet especially if you like a floating dot. My HDMR tracks well. All the controls have the right action to them unlike some other scopes I've used. Not so loose it feels like a toy and not so hard to turn you feel like wearing a darn glove. The impression I get from it is quality throughout.

I've sold a bunch of stuff lately including one of my rifles and have 2 more HDMR's coming soon.

If the HDMR H-59 had 10 mil knobs and illume it would be about the perfect scope IMO. That's the only reason I'd sell my HDMR.

I love mine as well. I have alot of pictures and threads about it.

it's my 1st civilian scope, and I love it. I don't have any expensive scopes, but from what i've heard and few people that know what they're talking about looked at it, it's amazing quality.

and I got lucky and got my H59 with the military discount. it was the same cost as like a weaver tactical (well little more) but it's like a $2,000 scope. I'm glad I got it.

You can buy them from Maria at horusvision. It's a 650 number

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where can we get these scopes? </div></div>Look in the "Group Buy" section for the HDMR with GAP 2 reticle. Only 200 are being made for now and I'm not sure how many are left. Total price is $1260 shipped.

My 17 year old son ran mine at ASC, and not being familiar with the Ret. he dialed nearly every shot with it. Had he not ran over time on the "York" shot and could Have counted the 5 hits he made, he would have tied for 4th place with it instead of 8th. Guess that shows that it tracks anyway.

I love mine!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where can we get these scopes? </div></div>Look in the "Group Buy" section for the HDMR with GAP 2 reticle. Only 200 are being made for now and I'm not sure how many are left. Total price is $1260 shipped. </div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Can I find an HDMR without the Horus?</span>

Nevermind... I posted before I read all the way...

By far the best scope for the money on the market...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scootball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i really wish they would illuminate the reticle </div></div>

I hear ya. they had some problems when they lit it up and got some kind of effect (no idea what it was, like the tube had hints of light? can't remember, so I won't say) so they decided not to.

I don't shoot at night, so luckily it doesn't matter much to me. but it def woulda been nice

They're going to illuminate the reticle and put locking turrets on as well...