• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell HDMR G2 or USO Lr17

Irish Bacon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2012
Southern Oregon
I have a brand new crusader on its way in 308 and am trying to figure out the glass to put on it. I have never had the chance to look threw either of these scopes and i know there is quite the price differnece does anyone have advice on glass quality, tracking and customer service as well as durablility and any other thoughts.

Never heard of anyone complain about that particular bushie... having said that... if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the USO. My choice of reticle, it's bombproof, made in the USA, better glass.

I have used the bushnell HDMR and the us optics 5-25 and other scopes for years. The glass is great in both. Us optics are a premier scope maker and the price of their products reflect it. Bushnell have started to come out with more tactical scopes as compared to hunting scopes that are great quality for the money.

Both companies have great customer service and won't leave you hanging if you had a problem.

Why you stuck between those two? There are some other very good glass in that range ($1400-$2500ish) like the razor, F1 NXS and Steiner.

HDMR G2 is hard to beat for the money and value, but you may want better glass or something a little more refined in the higher price range.

ive always liked the look of the uso's and they have come highly recomended to me. My AR 10 has a NXS and i like that one alot i just wanted something a little differnent, I came across a review of the bushy last minute and was curious how much it holds up to the uso for its price.

HDMR G2 is an oxymoron.
There's the HDMR, which comes with H59 or TRMR2 Horus reticles.
The DMR comes with mil-dot or G2DMR reticles.

Joe

HDMR G2 is an oxymoron.

Joe

Your an oxymoron

Stop playing sematics, We know what it means. All of the 3.5-21's are refered to as HDMR in common place.

Dont need a history lesson.

To the OP, for value, the HDMR blows USO out of the water. In fact it blows just about everyone out dollar for dollar. You can get nicer features, better glass and more pedigree, but you are looking at diminising returns as you move up.

USO has has enough problems and their funky ass engineering has allowed other companies who offer a ton of options and models to usurp them.

Your an oxymoron

Stop playing sematics, We know what it means. All of the 3.5-21's are refered to as HDMR in common place.

Dont need a history lesson.

To the OP, for value, the HDMR blows USO out of the water. In fact it blows just about everyone out dollar for dollar. You can get nicer features, better glass and more pedigree, but you are looking at diminising returns as you move up.

USO has has enough problems and their funky ass engineering has allowed other companies who offer a ton of options and models to usurp them.

Not true.
Bushnell calls the models without Horus reticles DMRs.
It's a fact.

It's okay for you to jump in some guy's $hit with both feet because he depicts how his $3000 optic was poorly packaged but I can't attempt to educate the masses on the difference between scope models?

Go fuck yerself ya douchenozzle.

Joe

Hey dip shit, can you process anything that is typed? Are you really that dense?

COMMON PLACE, as in common tounge, as in We may call all Soda's Cokes, but that doesn't mean it verbatum. When someone says a HDMR or HMDR G2, we know what they mean.

You aren't educateding anyone, just coming off ass a smart ass trying to correct shit that needs no correction.

Your apples to lawn chair comparison also has me scratching my head. Nice try through, keep at it sport.

I have two bushnells one is the xrs 4.5-30 the other is the 3.5-21 dmr they both have g2 reticles and I like them very much. They shoot really well and I have had no problems with them. As mentioned for the price point they give me exactly what I want.

Nickforney, have you noticed any difference in optical or build quality between the two Bushnells? Thanks, Brian

I haven't noticed anything much different between the two. I miss the additional power in the 21 now but for the price difference the dmr is still awesome.

I have a brand new crusader on its way in 308 and am trying to figure out the glass to put on it. I have never had the chance to look threw either of these scopes and i know there is quite the price differnece does anyone have advice on glass quality, tracking and customer service as well as durablility and any other thoughts.

Easy answer. Vortex Razor 5-20x50. ;) But of the two I would go Bushnell.

HDMR G2 is an oxymoron.

Joe

Glad to see I am not the only one who noticed that. All the arguing aside, it is a pain in the ass when you're looking for a H-59 reticle and you see a listing as HDMR only to find out it has a G2 reticle. It's pretty clear on Bushnells site, the only 2 models that have a H in the model number are the scopes with either a H59 or the Tremor reticle. Is it semantics, is it nit picking, no, it isn't as its distinctly different models and if you want a H59 you end up looking at posts that are mislabeled it gets old quick. However, this error has carried over onto the retail seller sites as well and HDMR has become the default just like kleenex and xerox and yes, even coke.

Now, what I will offer up to the OP is that of the 2 scopes mentioned, I personally went with the USO 3.5-17 GAP reticle model and just picked up a 2nd one for my other weapon because I like the reticle and the scope's performance. As far as price point goes, it's hard to beat the Bushy tactical DMR/HDMR line until you move up to the XRS or the newer zero stop 10 mil rev models and then the price is in the 1700-2000 range. If I had to cost cut on a build but didn't want to sacrifice on quality, I would go with a bushnell HDMR (as in with H59 reticle) and or a DMR G2 model. However, if you decide to go with the newer zero stop 10 mil rev model you're in the 2k neighborhood so why not just go full on with the USO is the way I look at it as you can pick a used one up for around 1850-2200 or get a new one right now for $2520.00. My personal decision was made by the fact that I like the USO Lr 17 model features and I wanted to standardize my optics across multiple platforms. I also find the glass on my USO to be clearer and brighter but I find that to be a subjective matter from shooter to shooter.

Last edited:
Hey dip shit, can you process anything that is typed? Are you really that dense?

COMMON PLACE, as in common tounge, as in We may call all Soda's Cokes, but that doesn't mean it verbatum. When someone says a HDMR or HMDR G2, we know what they mean.

You aren't educateding anyone, just coming off ass a smart ass trying to correct shit that needs no correction.

Your apples to lawn chair comparison also has me scratching my head. Nice try through, keep at it sport.

Seriously?
"Commonplace" is one word in the context in which you are using it.
You are one of the dimwits murdering the English language and you call me dense?

When you sit through 8th grade English to increase your command of the language, try not to fall asleep like you obviously did when you were a child.

Joe

I have owned both. The HDMR is roughly half the price of the USO, but does not have a zero stop or illumination, the image resolution is superior in the USO from my perspective. Step up to the Bushnell ERS, then the Bushnell would get my vote.

PS, I think the character attacks need to stop as they add zero value. Be professional, work out your differences in private.

Last edited:
I have owned both. The HDMR is roughly half the price of the USO, but does not have a zero stop or illumination, the image resolution is superior in the USO from my perspective. Step up to the Bushnell ERS, then the Bushnell would get my vote.

PS, I think the character attacks need to stop as they add zero value. Be professional, work out your differences in private.

True, but around the 2K mark, the Razor is a better optic then the USO. UNLESS you have to have custom features, I really don't see where the USO competes with any of the off the shelf products in its price range. Heavy and ugly as hell.

Sorry about the error on the bushy i decided to pull the trigger on the USO since it had all the features i wanted and since money was not really a big consideration.