• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell HDMR Question

Echo4Bravo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2013
North Central Arkansas
I recently purchased a Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21x scope. I am very impressed by it. I was at the range the other day and was told by another patron that he used the same scope in Afghanistan. Is the military using this particular scope and if so on what rifles? Thanks, searched on the site and couldn't find any info.

I don't believe that scope was ever issued on a national basis. However, my understanding (I am not military) is that some soldiers were allowed to use optics that they purchased with personal funds, and some units (perhaps Natl Guard?) would purchase off the shelf commercial scopes and other equipment to better equip themselves for the Afghanistan environment. Then there's the private security contractors that used whatever they wanted, within certain limits. Maybe someone who's been there can comment more authoritatively.

Units may have purchased some through RFI funds, but it's not an item with an NSN that's been fielded. My HDMR is nice, but I wouldn't trust my life with it in austere conditions.

If I am not mistaken at the Bushnell brawl there was a group of guys from what branch I have no clue that had used them

I've seen the 3/75 Ranger Regt. with them on their rifles at the range in SW Georgia on the 2000M UKD range.

some groups were/are using them, and 75th was running them on the MK13. not sure if they still are, or how long it lasted. bushnells military sales manager is a former batt boy, and former AMU CSM. 75th was also running the newer 34mm MK4 er/t on the 110

I seen pics of them in action

Attachments

• arsof-scar-pr.jpg
    arsof-scar-pr.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 22