• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell LMSS2 Elite Tactical vs. Leupold Mark 4

JgR2

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2021
Oregon
Hi everyone,

I'm currenlty looking, no pun intended, at purchasing a new spotter and came across the Bushnell LMSS2 Elite Tactical. The MSRP seems to be pretty close to the proven Leupold Mark 4 with the Mil Dot or TMR reticle. I understand that the Bushnell comes with the Horus H322 reticle and the Mark 4 with the Horus 32 is about $1k more (not within my budget). So, do I go with the Mark 4 with the TMR reticle or the Bushnell with the H322 reticle? How does the glass compare? I also understand that the Mark 4 still needs a cover/sleeve and a rail.

Thank you for your feedback. It's very much appreciated.

I purchased the mark 4 years ago. Sold it like an idiot and recently ended back up with one. Purchased on here. Military ones that were sent back to Leupold to be looked over and inspected. I really like it. Comes with a cover. Not the best but you can always upgrade that down the line. They are not expensive. You would also have to purchase the rail if you needed it.

If I were in your shoes I would look at why the mark 4 cost as much as bushnell that comes with costlier reticle and I assume a rail and cover since you mentioned it. Don't sacrifice glass and quality for things that you can upgrade later.

Reactions: JgR2
chased the mark 4 years ago. Sold it like an idiot and recently ended back up with one. Purchased on here. Military ones that were sent back to Leupold to be looked over and inspected. I really like it. Comes with a cover. Not the best but you can always upgrade that d
Thank you. I figured I'd hear more good things about the Mark 4, knowing it's a very proven optic. Thank you for pointing me toward the refurbished ones. I'll take a look.

Contact ilikebmxbikes. He's an awesome guy. See if he has anymore of them coming his way. When I purchased mine he had a bunch at Leupold. They have some scratches and markings but function as should. Come with the paperwork from Leupold showing what work they did to it. You could buy a new cover and Badger Slick for what you would buy a new one for.

Reactions: JgR2
Contact ilikebmxbikes. He's an awesome guy. See if he has anymore of them coming his way. When I purchased mine he had a bunch at Leupold. They have some scratches and markings but function as should. Come with the paperwork from Leupold showing what work they did to it. You could buy a new cover and Badger Slick for what you would buy a new one for.
Will do. Leupold is actually located in my backyard. Thank you so much.