• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell LRTSi

wichitaguns

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2012
Just pick up a bushy lrtsi 3-12 for a gas guns.
read some good reviews here.
Any pics with this optics on yours rigs? Also if you have any negative or positive experiences , be glad to read them too.

Reactions: QT101
They're usually solid. Glass leaves a little too be desired but they have all the right features for the price point.

You could do worse.

Since it's already bought you've come here for confirmation bias. You're going to get haters and lovers. Doesn't matter. Just mount it up, check tracking, and use it.

You can always dump it in the px if you decide you don't like it, but it's a solid choice over many others out there.

They’re a great optic especially in the price point. I have the 4.8-18 and the only complaint I have is the reticle being a little thick for my taste, but that’s just me. Glass is very good and it should hold its value very well as there is a good following for them

I think the glass smokes competitors like Vortex. Mine has been rock solid. I actually sold it and then turned around and bought it back from the guy because I missed it.

The turrets are pretty solid, definitely above average for the price point. Zero stop is easy to set. The G2 or G3 reticle is very minimalistic which is a great form of a Christmas tree style for holdovers. There's also a fair amount of elevation travel in the turrets for 30 mm tube.

I have mine on a 300 blackout bolt action and it's sitting on 40 or 50 MOA of elevation. I think that's giving me 15 or 16 mils of elevation to dial with a 50 yd zero. I don't know this any degradation of the image quality when I'm at the extremes.

If I saw another one of the LRTS elites pop up in the 5 to 600ish range, I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

Reactions: 1911hombre
I have a 4.5-18.
I love it, very easy to get behind, forgiving eyebox.
It does suffer from a narrow field of view.
I love the reticle, yes, it IS a little thick, but it is a well executed hunting/tactical scope. The reticle is easy to pick up, maybe not the best for shooting tiny groups, but you can bang steel and animals very well with it.

They're usually solid. Glass leaves a little too be desired but they have all the right features for the price point.

You could do worse.

Since it's already bought you've come here for confirmation bias. You're going to get haters and lovers. Doesn't matter. Just mount it up, check tracking, and use it.

You can always dump it in the px if you decide you don't like it, but it's a solid choice over many others out there.
I am going to disagree on the glass ... the LRTS 3-12 has GREAT glass and surpassed my NXS optics by a good pit and it was every bit of good up to 12x as my old PMII US 3-20 ... the LRTS 4.5-18 was NOT as good as the 3-12 LRTS line ... I wish I NEVER sold my LRTS 3-12 FDE scope ... to this day ... I ranked it as the best medium range optic I ever used ... seriously ... and I've used a ton of them ... @Team RCBS & Bushnell ... you need to bring back the LRTS 3-12 FDE model ... I don't even care if its updated or not ...

Actually I haven’t. I am not wanting to hear that I bought the perfect scope. Did a bunch of review before I bought it. I got a great deal on it so if I don’t love it , no big deal. Just looking for any hidden gotchas to look out for. It’s a tool, they all have short comings.

You bought a terrible scope. I’ll give you $600 to take it off your hands so you don’t have to suffer through it.

I own an LRTS. It sits on my 7 mag hunting rifle. Mine is the FDE in 4.5-18.

Cons: -Those FDE turrets are impossible to read during any kind of low light, maybe better for the black. My work around was to tape around the elevation dial with masking tape and then just pen in my DOPE for yardage.
-Whereas there are some that say the reticle is a bit thick for precise target shooting (they're right), I find it a touch thin for low light hunting once you're dialed back to 10x or so to get that last little bit of light in. If not hunting, disregard.

Pros: -It has been repeatable, and reliable. It has never been abused, but has never drifted zero after hours of bumping around in a SxS or my truck.
-The glass was really good for what they were selling for at the end of their product run.
-They fit the weight gap nicely between lightweight hunting scopes and heavy tactical scopes.

While Bushnell seems to have more CA to my eye, and I get eye fatigue faster behind one of their scopes than my others - I have yet to run into a mechanical issue with any of them (LRTS, DMR II, Elite Tactical 3-12). I still use all three on rifles that I purpose for killing critters around the ranch.

I am going to disagree on the glass ... the LRTS 3-12 has GREAT glass and surpassed my NXS optics by a good pit and it was every bit of good up to 12x as my old PMII US 3-20 ... the LRTS 4.5-18 was NOT as good as the 3-12 LRTS line ... I wish I NEVER sold my LRTS 3-12 FDE scope ... to this day ... I ranked it as the best medium range optic I ever used ... seriously ... and I've used a ton of them ... @Team RCBS & Bushnell ... you need to bring back the LRTS 3-12 FDE model ... I don't even care if its updated or not ...

Everyone's eyes are different.

They look ok but nothing special to me. NXS isn't exactly amazing glass either, and isn't the 3-20 an ultra short that had some optical oddities?

It's decent glass for the money. It's not the most amazing thing ever made. Your boner is showing, but have fun with it.

Everyone's eye may be diffrent but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot times these one off "bad glass" scopes had something wrong with diopter adjustment or adjuster.

I've owned three of the LRHS 4.5-18x44 scopes - two with mil/mil knobs/reticles, and one MOA version. Don't know how they compare to the newer LRTS, bave always been impressed with the glass in these scopes; it's very clear & bright, especially for a scope with only 44mm objective.

Reactions: ed99 and thehun
Everyone's eye may be diffrent but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot times these one off "bad glass" scopes had something wrong with diopter adjustment or adjuster.

100%. Yes there may be the occasional bad lens, but I for sure had a buddy that hated his S&B PMII 5-25. He even said that one of the cool features was that a grid would show up at 25 power (LRR-MIL). I helped him set his diopter, and it was like I flipped a light switch. "Wow, that grid is there all the time". :D

^ He immediately went from thinking my Burris XTR3 had glass that was 'Just as guud', to sitting back on his optical throne and looking down on the poor that is me.

There are so many times in this game where it is the Indian and not the arrow.

Reactions: bobke
My XTR3 has one area of diopter adjustment that appears to be good with so so glass. Farther out in the adjustment, and farther out than I am used to having to turn the diopter adjustment there is another area where the image is clearer and the reticle is in focus.