• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Bushnell Match Pro 15x56 binos with reticle.

Rexwagon

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2017
USA
Lucky enough to get a set of these Bushnell 15x56 binos with reticle. New for 2023 and releasing soon. This bino is what people have been asking for. Reticle and 15x. The reticle has a leveling knob so no matter how you have the binos mounted and oriented to your eyes, you can make the reticle level for measurements.

At a PRS match, I spoke to a bushnell rep and they mentioned they should have the first batch coming out in July.

I haven’t been able to put them through a match yet but just using them at my shooting position. So far so good. Good clarity and the reticle feature is nice. I have a pair of Steiner 10x with a reticle and a pair Meopta Meopro 15x to compare to.

The binos are a tad on the heavy side but they are designed to be mounted to a tripod.

I will hopefully have more to update and photos after this weekend.
IMG_7387.jpeg

Attachments

• _com.apple.Pasteboard.BA9CWW.png
    _com.apple.Pasteboard.BA9CWW.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_7330.jpeg
    IMG_7330.jpeg
    596.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_7386.jpeg
    IMG_7386.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Awesome! I am looking forward to hearing how they compare to the Steiner 10x and the Meopta Meopro.

Reactions: Emerson0311
I have been waiting for an email from Bushnell letting me know they are available for purchase. Is there a source with stock available?
Thanks
Jerry V

I’m commenting here just to follow this thread. Any idea on price? I’ve been looking at a spotter with a reticle just to call for friends when I can’t be on the line with them with my scope. I’m one of those weird people who can’t justify buying a spotter while looking through my ZCO. I know, I know, first world problems. 90% of our shooting thought is at a private range where I can spot with my scope.

I’m commenting here just to follow this thread. Any idea on price? I’ve been looking at a spotter with a reticle just to call for friends when I can’t be on the line with them with my scope. I’m one of those weird people who can’t justify buying a spotter while looking through my ZCO. I know, I know, first world problems. 90% of our shooting thought is at a private range where I can spot with my scope.

Price is right on their site.

Got the in-stock alert email this morning, 3 available, and out of stock again already! Looking forward to hearing how folks like the reticle.

Reactions: Rexwagon
Yup got the alert as I hit the road so missed out this time but will watch for in stock alerts in the future.

Used them this weekend. Shot a PRS regional match. The binos punch above their weight. I could easily see through the mirage and see trace. They are not the same level of glass as the meopta or maven B series. But they are 1k dollars less. Still better glass than most vortex razor binos. lol. The reticle was easy to use and it was not intrusive when spotting. It just kind of blended away.
If I had a gripe it would be that. I do prefer my reticle to be bolder and stick out in the FOV. But most ppl would disagree with me. It would great to measure targets and being able to level the reticle itself is a game changer. FOV was good. I did have to change the resolution wheel when I was looking at multiple yards to focus in, which isn’t a bad thing. But the more expensive binos are more forgiving in that.

So far I’m impressed. These are a home run. If you wanted 15x binos with a reticle. These are the ones!

Be interested to check these out, always good to have reticle options in binos as there's so few. That said I've been hearing less than impressed reviews on the Match Pro 5-30 optical quality even considering the price point so hopefully these don't follow that trend.

Reactions: Rob01
Be interested to check these out, always good to have reticle options in binos as there's so few. That said I've been hearing less than impressed reviews on the Match Pro 5-30 optical quality even considering the price point so hopefully these don't follow that trend.
Optically these are identical to the Forge 15x56 as they're based off it. Nothing was changed optically there. I try to follow closely the comments and reviews online and the Match Pro ED 5-30x56 has been getting great reviews from what I've seen. I have seen some ax grinding though.

Optically these are identical to the Forge 15x56 as they're based off it. Nothing was changed optically there. I try to follow closely the comments and reviews online and the Match Pro ED 5-30x56 has been getting great reviews from what I've seen. I have seen some ax grinding though.
To be honest with the 5-30x and scopes in that price point I'd image it's always trade offs and deciding what's important. If you set 10 scopes next to each other at $500-$750 pricing some manufacturers are going to prioritize glass, some mechanical durability, reticle, knob feel etc. you aren't going to get top quality in all those areas for that pricing, there has to be trade offs. I'd rather see a scope that tracks well, is durable, has good knob feel/reticle and gives up some optically than an optically better option that's is weak in those other areas. However I'd imagine it's very tempting, if not simply good business to do the exact opposite, because the vast majority are not going to use their optics hard and the easiest thing for most people to compare is how good the image looks.

I'd imagine as a manufacturer this price point is very hard to balance because at the end of the day, the easiest thing for people to compare about an optic is it's optical quality, durability is good in all of them till it fails, and most people are not doing serious tracking tests and we know those vary even in high $ scopes. I'd also image just like high end camera lenses that cost way more than these scopes, you can buy 10 of them slap them on an optical bench and there's significant variation sample to sample, I'd bet scopes are the same. Most serious photographers I know still buy multiple copies of lenses and pick the best one optically. Though now that digital camera sensors can adjust to the lens it's less critical.

I used these binos the entire time at the THS PRs Pro match in South Dakota this past weekend. They worked fantastic. I was Able to measure targets all weekend and spot easily. Canadian wildfire smoke in the air wasn’t a problem for match duty.
They were less forgiving in having to move the focus wheel more often then in comparison to my meopta binos, but there is also a 1k dollar price difference, so there will be give in take.

Multiple shooters checked them out and liked the reticle and setup. These will do well for the bushnell line.

I used these binos the entire time at the THS PRs Pro match in South Dakota this past weekend. They worked fantastic. I was Able to measure targets all weekend and spot easily. Canadian wildfire smoke in the air wasn’t a problem for match duty.
They were less forgiving in having to move the focus wheel more often then in comparison to my meopta binos, but there is also a 1k dollar price difference, so there will be give in take.

Multiple shooters checked them out and liked the reticle and setup. These will do well for the bushnell line.
How did you mount them to your tripod?
Just on a tac table?

I’m using the RRS cinch and an Anvil 30.
How do you think is the best way to carry these at a match?
Just leave them attached to the tripod 99% of the time?

15x56 bino are a lot bigger and heavier than your average 10x binos, so I guess carrying them starts to become an issue.

15x56 bino are a lot bigger and heavier than your average 10x binos, so I guess carrying them starts to become an issue.

Have you seen some of the shit people have mounted to a tripod now? LOL A set of 15x binos that actually have a good use will not be an issue.

Welp, I'll just need to get me a set. Too bad they couldn't have made them in the DMR3 glass quality...

How do you think is the best way to carry these at a match?
Just leave them attached to the tripod 99% of the time?

Personal preference there.

A lot of guys use their binos on bags. Tends to be very stable in wind then.
But I would knock them off as I have while shooting NRL hunter match. Under high winds, 25+ mph. I have to use my foot against the tripod leg to get it to not vibrate as much. I leave mine attached to my tripod as I carry it from stage to stage.

There’s a lot of ppl that also use plates with binos, range finders, spotting scopes, kestrels, wind flags, Drink holders, potato chip bags etc all mounted. Not to mention the AG Gear wind sail that has destroyed countless sets of binos in the wind. Lol.

Have you seen some of the shit people have mounted to a tripod now? LOL A set of 15x binos that actually have a good use will not be an issue.
Lol, yeah I get that mounting them to a tripod is a non-issue. Was referring to carrying them between stages, they aren't going to fit in a bino harness (i know no one uses these).

I imagine most people throw them in the suitcase sized bag they drag around with them.
I have quite a small pack, and usually use a tac table which isn't great for keeping binos attached to for carrying.

If I get a pair of these I'd probably go for the cinch set up as above.

Reactions: Rexwagon
I can not speak against the cinch set up, but I have a bad experience with the stud and adapter solution to connect the bino to the tripod.
If for whatever reason the tripod drops, the mechanics of the binos are gone because of the stud torsion. Ask me how I know. I personally use a tac table and a bag underneath the bino like many of us are doing at matches. In this way usually the bino survives the fall. Yes. yes, better not to leave any equipment unattended, but if you haven't done it at least once just cast the first stone...

I got a brief look through them at the Punisher Positional in Kansas. Glass was better than I expected on first glance. Hoping to see a good review soon and eventually get some more time behind a set before buying one

Got my order in this morning to for some. I have the 15x forge now that I’ve been plum happy with just wanted the reticle and the bridge lock so people will hopefully leave my binos alone at matches!

Got my shipping notice. Should be here Wednesday. Looking forward to trying them out.
Who did you order through?

Hopefully someone who ships internationally will get these in soon.