• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Match Pro available travel

st1650

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
I’m considering a Bushnell Match Pro for a RimX.

I know the specs say they have 18 mils of available travel but I heard that with Burris bushing rings you can get quite a bit more travel. Ideally I’d like to get 22-23 mils to reach 450 without hold over. I know some scopes if you remove the zero stop you can get a little more travel as well, not sure how the Match Pro turrets are since they’re some kind of tool less zero.

I have a 30moa base so probably with a 30 moa mount/rings I’d be able to zero pretty close to the bottom of the travel.

The Burris rings you're referring to aren't going to override the mechanical limits of the scope. There's no zero stop to remove on the Match Pro, either.

If you're trying to hit 450 without holdovers, you're probably not going to pull it off with a Match Pro, unfortunately. It's a great scope, but one of the limitations is the elevation adjustment.

Reactions: st1650
The Burris rings you're referring to aren't going to override the mechanical limits of the scope. There's no zero stop to remove on the Match Pro, either.

If you're trying to hit 450 without holdovers, you're probably not going to pull it off with a Match Pro, unfortunately. It's a great scope, but one of the limitations is the elevation adjustment.
Thanks! That’s exactly what I wanted to know.