• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30x56 VS Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x 50

GunnyB

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2024
CA
I have a Savage Elite Precision in 300 PRC, got a good deal please don't tell me it's a pile of crap. Trying to see if I can get decent at shooting at 1000 yards and if I do I may upgrade then. For the time being I am budget constrained for optics, looking for feedback between the two above scopes (or another if I missed something) which would you choose and why. At this time I am leaning toward the Bushnell. Thanks

Hey, enjoy and burn some ammo, Shooting is fun. As far the optic is concerned, I have not used either but I like the warranty of the viper better.

The glass is very compatible but the Match Pro has 30 mils of elevation versus only 20 mils on the PST so if only going to 1000 either will work but if stretching the 300PRC then the Match Pro would be a better option.

I have a Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30x56 and it - in my opinion - is one of the best of the cheaper scopes for competition/target work. I have it on my backup PRS rifle. If you are budget limited - it is worth a strong look. My shooting buddy has good results with two of the PST Gen 2 - one on a 6BR and one on a 22 target rig. If you get a PST 2, make sure you look for one of the closeout like sales that pop up.

I would choose the Match Pro ED (the ED version not the "just" Match Pro).

Reactions: Glowie and Rob01
Midway has had the pst<$600 lately. Not sure about the bushnell. I think there is a comparison on line "c_does" I believe is where I seen it.

i'd take a strike eagle over a pst gen 2. or the new viper hd

but if you have to get a pst gen 2, get the current $600 closeouts