• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Match Pro (non illuminated) Review

Majja

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2018
I purchased this to go on my CZ 550. Well to make a long story short I had to drop my budget just a tad so I decided to try out the Bushnell Match Pro. This scope is being marketed by Bushnell as an entry level scope for PRS/NRL and the respective .22 rifle comps. It is not sold in stores and factory direct. The box in came in is not fancy but it was well protected. I selected the MIL reticle as I want to learn them. Out of the box the fit and finis was excellent.

I have a pair of 30mm CZ rings so I pull the old Weaver 4x16 that has not failed me for many years off and install the Bushnell. When setting this up I have to push the scope all the way forward to try and get it matched up to my body mechanics and off I go to the local range. I do a rough bore sight at the range. After letting one fly I use reticle to see what adjustments need to be made, correct and send another. It was almost spot on. After a click here and they I am dialed in at a 100 and am shooting some solid groups. I am happy so far. How ever due to COVID my local range is not open a lot so I am only able to shoot to a 100 for now.

I finally get the rig to the prairies for a little p-dog action over the weekend, and it did not disappoint. It was overcast and cool, there was a slight bit of marriage that could be seen in both binos and the scope but the scope felt clearer then my binos. I was able to ring it out to 452 yd confirmed. I want to report the the elevation Clicks watch the hold overs perfectly. I found the reticle easy to use and love the hash marks and dots for the hold offs. I did learn at least for me that a bubble level is a must. I cound myself canting the gun a bit.

The eye box is pretty generous on this scope, the one thing that I am going to need to do is add a rail to the CZ as I found to get proper eye to scope i needed to be a little further back from the scope, and this being a CZ the rings go in one spot. All in all I think I am going to pick up another one of these scopes as I think it is a hell of bang for you buck. This scope is clearer and brighter then my Weaver (this was a bit surprising as the waver always did great in the field) I love the reticle for hold offs I felt even with my 49 yr old eyes it was easy to see. I also found out there is a big difference between 24x and 16x when FOV comes to play but that is going to be the same for such a large jump in magnification.

In short 5 stars for this budget scope I feel it hits above its weight class.

Attachments

• Bushy.jpg
    Bushy.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 273
  • Bushy_2.jpeg
    Bushy_2.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited: