• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Nitro 3-12X44 Deploy MIL 10 Minute Observation Report

thehun

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2018
    Recently acquired a Mk12 Mod 0ish clone and needed a mil/mil optic. Saw that CameralandNY was running a deal on the 3-12x44. I was looking for that model as it has 26 mils of adjustment vs 15 mils on the 2.5-10x44.

I watched some feedback reports from others and my example surprisingly has zero slack in the turrets. They feel the same as my LRTS 3-12X44 minus zero stop...it has a total of 10 mil per rev...just like the LRTS.

Windage turret is marked L/R...which was a surprise to me at this price point...the elevation turret does not have rev marks...but it does move as you change it...once could probably make a make-shift zero stop with shims if desired...but the Deploy MIL reticle has 15 mils built in with 12 mils visible at full power...so for a Mk12 setup...I will never dial it once zeroed.

Glass quality...I'd put it with the PST Gen 2 with better CA control (I barely can detect any)...it lacks the resolution at full 12X vs the LRTS...but if you back it down to 10-11X...the image quality is near the same. Contrast is natural...it doesn't "pop" like high end glass but it is 100% usable...especially at the price point.

Parallax Adjustment...I know some have reported that it is a little wacky (I think on the 4-16X)...happy to report that its good to go...and it goes down to 10 yards.

Diopter...nice and stiff...no slop detected. Focusing the reticle required about the same amount of out as my LRTS did.

Magnification adjustment...it is easy to use with just enough resistance...not as "tight" as the LRTS...but it doesn't have a throw lever to aid either...

Deploy MIL reticle...easy, uncluttered X-mas tree style with a floating dot...wish some more precise measurements could be had at the top like in .2 mil...but with it only being 12X... .5mil will do fine.

Made in Korea...I was expecting it to be from China like Vortex...but nope...so that was nice.

623C305D-E926-4AF7-9E5F-818D44FBB495.jpeg

Last edited:
    Bushnell website says only 17.5 Mils of elevation adjustment. https://www.bushnell.com/riflescopes/nitro/nitro-riflescope-3-12x44/2179729.html

I have the 5-20 version and it is a real nice scope for the price but it’s definitely not a LRTS or LRHS.

I was doing a direct comparison to my 3-12X44 LRTS vs the 3-12X44 Nitro...up to 10xish...you really can't tell a difference in glass quality...once you hit full 12X...the LRTS remains bright while the Nitro goes just a tad darker.

It appears that Bushnell has the 3-12X44 Deploy MOA and Deploy MIL models discontinued and the only reticle available now is the Multi-X...

Ok...low light wise (at dusk) around 9pm CST here is what I saw with my unprofessional level eyes:

At full 12X...LRTS was the winner...resolution is about the same between both but the LRTS is overall a brighter optic.

At 10X LRTS still has an edge...but by the time I go below 8X...optically they even out.

I just received my 3-12x44 Nitro today to put on a CZ 455 I picked up. The Bushnell looks nice, except the elevation turret has the windage labeling. This one slipped past the QC counter.

Reactions: Bender
    I just received my 3-12x44 Nitro today to put on a CZ 455 I picked up. The Bushnell looks nice, except the elevation turret has the windage labeling. This one slipped past the QC counter.
    LOL sounds like my Optika6 that had MOA windage turrets on both when it was a mil optic.

Bender has the same thing going on in the other thread — didn’t seem like he was happy about it — maybe find out from him how to rectify

Reactions: Bender
    Came back from the first outing and it is a solid choice. Had no issues getting it zeroed and holding a group on the Mk12. Parallax was spot on and have 12.3 mils left in the elevation turret...

Last edited:
    Mine had the exact same issue lol.

Mine just arrived from Midway today — I pulled those caps off before I even looked through it

Mine are correct mil/mil with windage where its supposed to be

Reactions: Kpchurch
    Mine just arrived from Midway today — I pulled those caps off before I even looked through it

Mine are correct mil/mil with windage where its supposed to be
    Lol, you sir are a lucky man!! You need to go buy yourself a lottery ticket.

Just checked mine from Midway as well. 3-12 x 44 deploy mil, windage & elevation are correct. Parallax appears to resolve at pretty close to whats marked.