• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Spotters. Elite vs Excursion

vman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Australia
www.google.com
Hi guys.

Some new glass is in order and I have been looking at budget to mid end spotting scopes.

Im a fan of Bushnell products as I think they offer good value for money, and I would hope this to be true on an item that wont be on the receiving end of a recoiling magnum.

With things like tracking being a non-issue on a spotting scopes, im pretty much left with optical clarity as my main concern.

The questions I would like to put out there, have any of you used either of these two spotting scopes, perhaps run a side by side comparison.

Is the Elite glass that much better than the excursion glass to justify it being double the price.

Would love to by the Elite as I have used Elite glasses scopes before I find the clarity good for the price of the scope itself... However If i were to buy the Elite I would be dissapointed to hear that the glass on the Excursion is just as good as that on the Elite meaning I could have spent the difference on a high quality tripod.

Would love to hear some opinions on anyone that has used either or both.

Will be used for 600 yard bench rest and possibly further in the future.

Bushnell-Elite-20-60x80-45-Degree-Spotting-Scope.jpg

1521948.jpg