• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bushnell spotting scope with reticle

Re: bushnell spotting scope with reticle

Thanks thats what I was hoping for. Found one new will order along with manfroto tripod

You guys talking about the Excursion?

I would make darn sure that is in stock before buying. I'm a Bushnell dealer & tried to do a Group Buy on the "new" Excursion spotter a little over a year ago & literally went through hell with them before they decided to cancel the model at the 11th hour.

IF that is a new unit, then it is "new, old stock" that somebody has found. This model hasn't been available from Bushnell in over a year...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPEAK338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its showing 2 left in stock and I have an order conf </div></div>
I checked out the link & I'm not saying it isn't legit. I'm just saying to VERIFY that what is being offered there is indeed available. Also, I'd want to make sure it is 100% brand new & not a return or refurb.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck!

Anyone know the quality on those? Been looking for a spotting scope and this caught my eye!

I was a lucky purchaser, I was told it was actually pulled out of the box, and hand and eye inspected before shipping it. The power ring is very very hard to adjust on mine. Its bright and clear, no fuzzy around the edge or color distortion. I like mine and it would take a good chunk of coin for me to sell it because nothing out there will replace it. If it is actually in stock and avail, get it. But it very well could be a return, blem, second, what ever.

edit, I talked to my Bushnell rep about 3 months ago and they have no plan to bring it back.

Im interested in one as well.

For the money they seem like a great option......if you can find one.

Been looking for one of these for ages! So whats the verdict? New old stock?

I found one on ebay, new in the box. It is a great scope for the money I used it to 900 yds shooting steel no problem seeing the 12" plates and splash.

As of today I have not had a shipping confirmation yet will keep you guys posted

F6AA877A-C857-46C8-9889-495088E188F2-141-00000002B45069B3.jpg

D9238FD5-DF44-4843-AB6E-99A3236C6361-141-000000024ADBCDE7.jpg

752DD853-8E44-42F7-8E95-BEF73F0C6085-141-0000000293AB7D13.jpg

354FE44D-E7B8-4384-AB86-DFA413130B89-141-000000027C93FD94.jpg

Here is a few images of the one I had. For the money you can't beat it. Unfortunately I've had 3 and it took the 3rd one before I finally got a good one. The problem is, something inside starts coming apart, causing spots/hairs through the view.

I will say this, if you have a problem with it, and you want to keep a spotter with reticle, don't dare ship back to Bushnell. These spotters do come with the Lifetime Warraty but since Bushnell no longer produces this anymore, there fix is to send you the Excursion, type model, w/o reticle, as the replacement. No questions asked. They want even try to repair it. I sent 2 different ones to them, because of the spots/hairs, and on both occasions they sent the non reticle replacement model.

This was my experience with them, so others might have had better luck. I will say this, the 3rd one I got, which is the one pictured above, was excellent. No spots/hairs. The FOV was good. And the functions were great. The tripod is a little chessy but that's what they make manfrotto a for, right? Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPEAK338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the pics makes me want it even more now. </div></div>

I'm wanting one too but I'm not liking the idea of getting a bad copy since what old stock that might be out there could most likely be a return for being defective.

I have been looking for one of these for a while now too. It seems like whenever a used one pops up it is sold instantly. Looking around the web I found that the Bushnell Australian website still shows that they have reticle models available. I tried getting in touch with their CS but have had no luck so far. Not sure if the website is just outdated or they are just not offering to the US market.

http://www.bushnellaustralia.com.au/productpages/Scopes/SpottingScopes/Excursion_SpottingScopes.html

I received a shipping notice today, should have it tuesday.
Well see if its the right one, and if its worth having.

please let us know..imma bout to pull the trigger on one too..thanks

I love mine... Mine is mildot but the same thing. If I had to replace it I'd probably have to make a tough choice between the USO Field Scope or the similar to the Busnell Leupold setup... The Busnell is a wonderful price point for what you get. Granted I think I only paid 425 for mine.

I received the manfroto tripod today, Wow what a nice piece of gear.
Waiting on the ball head and scope now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I will say this, if you have a problem with it, and you want to keep a spotter with reticle, don't dare ship back to Bushnell. These spotters do come with the Lifetime Warraty but since Bushnell no longer produces this anymore, there fix is to send you the Excursion, type model, w/o reticle, as the replacement. No questions asked. They want even try to repair it. I sent 2 different ones to them, because of the spots/hairs, and on both occasions they sent the non reticle replacement model.
</div></div>

This is why I am loathe to send back mine for repair (the rubber has debonded from both the focus and zoom rings...too much shooting in the cold I guess). Bushnell makes a decent product, especially in the price point/features arena, but their customer service leaves a LOT to be desired.

clean the rubber and ring with alcohol. tightens up a bit as the adhesive seems to get greasy

Well it showed up today and it is the model with the mill hash reticle!
I placed it on the new ball head of the manfroto tripod and started to play around with.
the magnification ring feels fine, but the focus knobs rubber ring slips against the metal underneath it. If you squeeze it tighter it works ok but its not right.
I took it outside to try it, and its not bad. I run Leupold scopes on my rifles but have never spent a lot of money on a spotter. I have a Barska Blackhawk ED and I hate to say it but the glass on the Barska is better. There's not as much funk around the edges.
But the Bushnell has the reticle and I like that feature and its why I decided to try it.
I will take it to the range this weekend and update after that.
Thanks for the help.
Steve

speak, what did you pay for it if you dont mind telling? i see them there too and just never explored them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
edit, I talked to my Bushnell rep about 3 months ago and they have no plan to bring it back. </div></div>

This is correct.

The first of the year you will see why.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
edit, I talked to my Bushnell rep about 3 months ago and they have no plan to bring it back. </div></div>

This is correct.

The first of the year you will see why. </div></div>

Crap, don't do that to us!

got to use it today..no spots,focus/mag adjustments wasnt stiff..so far so good..works great..btw got it on ebay