• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Trophy 20-60x65 spotter

Sackett

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2011
Utah
the bushnell is about the limits of my budget for a spotting scope. anyone have experience with these? anything better for about the same price? my limit is $150 + or - a few. i know i get what i pay for...but cant afford an expensive one.
thanks

Re: Bushnell Trophy 20-60x65 spotter

I would think that it should be OK. But I am a shooter that doesn't spend to much on spotting scopes. I don't need to. I will one day but since I'm not hunting super long distances I don't think I have the need for one. I have sevral 2000 dollar scopes but I use a 60 dollar simmons spotter WHEN I use a spotter. It does the job just fine for me. Good luck with it. Surely some others will chime in.

I've found all the 100-200 chinese ones are about the same. If you just want to plink around at 2-300 yards and see your targets they should all work fine. I would get the burris just because (I think) they come with a lifetime warranty.

I've been using one for years. It was cheap, but works. Resolution isn't great, but you can see trace, & hits/misses on steel past 1K yds under the right conditions.