• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Trophy Red Dot

Re: Bushnell Trophy Red Dot

good red dot i ran one on my m4 in three gun competitions for a while they work good i would definitely buy another i never had any problems with it

Thanks for the info chaz, I'm set on one just getting the money together now, how'd it do around 200 yards or did you shoot it at that distance?

If you are indeed talking about the "T-dot" reticle model that looks like an ACOG..........
I did a small review of one last year or so.
I appeared to be pretty tough and the battery life is good.

Many arrive with the reticle tilted to the right. Mine did, as well as many others based on the searches I conducted.
Also, the reticle washes out badly in bright sunlight on anything but a dark background. Shooting steel targets painted white was pretty much impossible in the normal daytime sun.

I took mine apart and bent the reticle support to straighten the reticle. This broke loose the glue used to attach the L.E.D. to the tube so I had to stick it back on with a dab of RTV.

It's a throw-away optic if you ask me. If it works for you, fine...use it until it breaks and it owes you nothing.

In the end I gave it away to a friend here on the Hide and went through another setup before arriving at a USO SN-4 1.5-6 with JNGMOA reticle. One nice thing about a real reticle....it never washes out from sunlight.
laugh.gif

Just my dumbassed non-professional opinion; worth what you paid for it.
In that price range I would prefer a Millet 1x-4x which I had a chance to try.
In the end I decided my price range was not there.

Thanks for the input you've actually touched the dang thing I haven't...better to get info from a actual used than a sales person just wanting you to buy it

If anyone happens to reread this I bought a red dot as mentioned above from a fellow hide member, I like it better than any red dot or scope I've run on my M4. I like to leave my rear flip up at all times while shooting and this red dot shoots great. Took about 5 shots to zero in and stays put. Only problem I have is the optic is set back on the mounting hardware to where it has to be mounted on my forearm rail bc it hits the rear flip up on my upper. But since it is a red dot no eye relief is compromised. All around the best optic I've run on that gun setup.