• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell XPS 4.5-30 elevation problem

fireguyty

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2010
Las Vegas
Ok, so I talked my dad (long time Leupold fan who still thinks that Bushnell is shit) into getting the XPS 4.5-30. It shows up, I mount it on his Weatherby (still working on this hang up) with a 20 MOA pic base using TPS rings. Everything goes together great. I go to bore sight it, and run out of down elevation and am still about 6 mils from zero at 100. Further, I go to see how much elevation I have left, and it spins up indefinitely. I watched how much it actually adjusts up, and it moves for about 13 mils then doesn't move even though I keep dialing up.

I figured that some goofy bastard set the zero stop. I followed the instructions on the zero stop a total of 3 times, and still no more travel. After this I called Bushnell. There was a nice guy that proceeded to read the zero stop instructions to me. I informed him that I had already done this, and he said the "rifle guy" would have to call me back. He has not yet.

This is no bitch against Bushnell, as so far they have treated me great. I am just wondering if anyone knows WTF is up with this, and does anyone have experience with my perceived problem. After all, I have my dad breathing down my back about this Bushnell deal.

Thanks in advance,
Ty

Yes, those instructions in the manual are confusing. I have the ERS but assume it's the same way. Try this:

After removing the turret as per the instructions, unscrew the zero stop set screws as far as they will go (don't worry...they won't fall out). Then, take your allen wrench and insert it in the vertical slot and push down on the brass-colored zero stop until it seats at the bottom. This should allow full travel of the elevation knob downward.

I may have just confused you more. Pictures would have helped...