• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell XRS 4.5-30 Knobs

jonesturf

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Anyone else have a problem with their XRS and the knobs kind of floating around between 0 and 0.05 mils for every setting? They aren't tight when I push the knob down. They line up if I hold the knob in a clockwise directions but if I put any amount of pressure the other way it seems to turn in between two divisions. This is on the locking turrets which I am assuming are the same for the HDMR. It makes it kind of hard to tell where it is since the divisions are so close together. I set the zero stop and rezeroed the turrets after sighting in but I don't see any way to make this tighter. Its like the internal gears mesh very loosely.

Last edited:
Actually found this thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-help-finding-thread-aligning-hdmr-marks.html

Its about the HDMR but similar I suppose. I did tighten the top nut with the nickel really well and that seemd to snug things up a little. Now i noticed that its lined up perfect at 0 but if i turn to say 6.7 mils its in between.

I'm gonna call Bushnell on Monday. I have the worst luck with scopes. I think I might just sell something and buy a Schmidt. I got ASC next week too.