• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell XRS or ATACR

CoCaDoRi

revived old guy
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2001
South Central North Dakota
So tired of searching the net with no results. Thought I throw it out there for some feed back.

New toy on the way. Need eyes for it.

Torn between the 5-25 ATACR or the Bushnell XRS 4.5-30.

I'm a long time fan of NF as I personally feel it is the best bag for your buck. But I have heard and read many things positive about the new Bushnell.

Here are my concerns.

Optical Quality: No clue as to how good BN glass is in this regard.
BN Customer Service: Hear good things but have no reference for it.

What say you ?

I have not compared the two, but I will say this; I finally have the scope that I (and a lot of other people) have been waiting on NF to make for at least a couple years......it's made by Bushnell.

Long time nf fan, but a 2300 dollar sfp, without locking turrets is a joke. Go bushnell, the optics in the nf can not make up it being sfp.

Personally, I ditched nf for leupould after many years.

Should be an easy choice do you prefer SFP or FFP? If SFP go NF, if you want FFP go Bushenll. Both are going to be great optics choose what you want and will use. The NF might have slightly better glass, and more travel, Bushnell has locking turrets and a bigger mag range in a smaller package.

And BTW I have an XRS 4.5-30x50 coming I prefer FFP and the mag range for ELR.

Exactly, apples to oranges given that the NF is SFP.

As for travel, my XRS has 31.5 mils internally.
After zeroing at 100 yards on a Spuhr 44.4 MOA base, I have 30 mils elevation available.
Should easily take my .308 out to 1000 yards, and I have no use for the other 19 mils above that.

Joe

Last edited:
I have shot with both the nightforce NXS and the bushnell 3.5-21 (which bushnell informed me is the same glass as the 4.5-30). Im not sure about the glass on the ATACR but compared to the NXS the bushnell was clearer and definitely brighter.

Have the atacr on 110 hs precision savage 338 lapua. I think it's the perfect optic. Great glass true tracking and nightforce tuff