• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell XRS3 vs Burris XTR3

Drbobinmo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Springfield, MO
Looking to get another quality mid-range price optic. Already have a razor Gen3 after upgrading from a Gen2 (which I liked) and was thinking of picking another Gen2 up on the PX but keep hearing good things about the Burris and Bushnell.

If I opt against the Gen2 which should I consider more? I’d like to stay in that $1300-$1500 range and good glass is higher on my priority list than a specific reticle. Would be used more for fun precision shooting and for some prairie dog hunts.

I have an XTR3 3.3-18x50, and an XRS3. The glass on both is excellent. To my eyes the XRS3 has a little better colors and resolution but it's really close. The wider FoV on the XTR3 is much more noticable than the difference in resolution and color though. The turrets are pretty different, I don't think you'll be disappointed with either optic honestly.

You can always analyze scope decisions for months, and the more you look, the more you expand your search. Go with what you like and what reticle you like the most.

There is a lesson from Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's has more revenue per square foot than any other grocery chain, not including what the Chinatown food stores do. ;) . Trader Joe's offers, by and large, three choices. They learned that if the wife sends the man of the house to go to the store for mustard, and he goes to Kroger or the Walmart Super Center, there are entire aisles of mustard, so the husband / boyfriend gets confused, and buys nothing. If he goes to Joe's he gets yellow, Dijon and Bavarian. Bingo, pick one and get out of the store and call it success.

Flip a coin, or my vote is the Burris XTR3.

Get the Burris XTR III 5-5-30 and you can get it below your lower limit at Liberty Optics. Put it in the cart for the price.

I have XTR 3.3-18x50 model. Glass is good, but my first one failed on top an 8# 300 norma improved. The replacement has a elevation turret that's not near the quality the original was. I have the newest mil tree reticle and it's not that usable for hold overs till you get to 8x. The eyebox is generous, parallax isn't sensitive either. Quality control has been a lil hit and miss. My scope now resides on a 257 saum as it generates a lot less recoil, no issues with it other than mushy elevation turret. The capped windage is nice too. Personally I think the glass is nicer than an nx8 or leupold mk5hd. It'd be nice for an moa reticle w/ floating dot and bit heavier stadia for use on lower power.
Wow, crazy story.......I killed an XTR3 3.3-18 atop a lightweight 300nmi as well. Replacement model had miscolored turret anodizing. The glass just never worked for me, seemed to have a gray/bluish hue to it. The 5.5-30 I tried was better. In the end, no longer own any of the xtr3 scopes. Id give the bushy xrs3 a chance! I've heard they're quite good and have looked through a few and couldn't complain about much.

Reactions: Drbobinmo