• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Bushy LMSS2 no more?

4O6shootist

F. J. B.
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2021
USA
Did Bushnell just drop support and production of the lmss line? They have not been in stock for over a year. I'd like to get one with the H32 or H322 reticle, and they aren't to be found anywhere, for quite some time. Anyone on here have any insight? The Athlon tactical is no longer available, finding a leupold mk4 with a good reticle is tough, and well I'm not hensoldt rich.

Reactions: Rexwagon
I'm just waiting for the cheaper Legend Tactical to come into stock. They come up from time to time here but I always seem to miss them.

I heard Bushnell dropped the Elite Tactical line but I don't know if it's true.

Last edited:
They still make a few of the tactical line. Shame they dropped most. Great scopes
We were shooting at 2k and I was having terrible time following trace due to weird conditions with Leupold 20-60 MK4 but the Bushnell LMSS was easy to follow with. Go figure

Reactions: Milf Dots
LMSS2 are in stock at Bushnell, H322 and Tremor 4. I ordered an H322 with my onX discount for a sweet deal. Pretty excited to finally have a spotter with a reticle.

I wish Athlon would bring back their version, the reticle is way better than either of the Bushnell offerings IMO

I wish Athlon would bring back their version, the reticle is way better than either of the Bushnell offerings IMO
Back in Oct. I sent in a Athlon Cronus HD spotter that stopped focusing properly, at the time I was told I could trade for another product based on their MAP values (because they did not have a replacement anymore) or wait for the "Gen 2" to come out which was "still in the planning phase with no ETA" so maybe there's hope for a Gen 2. When I actually sent it in (I was going to swap for a Ares ETR 4.5-30x56), they magically found a replacement for mine and sent it back to me.

Replacement seems to work okay, but the optical quality is not that great. A $180 30x Burris SCR MIL reticle eyepiece in my Swarovski STS, while not as much magnification is a night and day difference and can resolve so much more detail than the Athlon and the reticle is accurate enough for my needs. Granted the STS is an optical monster, but the Burris eyepiece is not.

The LMSS2 was tempting but I prefer an uncluttered reticle.

Back in Oct. I sent in a Athlon Cronus HD spotter that stopped focusing properly, at the time I was told I could trade for another product based on their MAP values (because they did not have a replacement anymore) or wait for the "Gen 2" to come out which was "still in the planning phase with no ETA" so maybe there's hope for a Gen 2. When I actually sent it in (I was going to swap for a Ares ETR 4.5-30x56), they magically found a replacement for mine and sent it back to me.

Replacement seems to work okay, but the optical quality is not that great. A $180 30x Burris SCR MIL reticle eyepiece in my Swarovski STS, while not as much magnification is a night and day difference and can resolve so much more detail than the Athlon and the reticle is accurate enough for my needs. Granted the STS is an optical monster, but the Burris eyepiece is not.

The LMSS2 was tempting but I prefer an uncluttered reticle.
The new Chinese Cronus G2 spotter has better IQ compared to the Japanese G1 Cronus which wasn't that great but unfortunately the eyepiece can't be removed in their 20-60x but can be with their cheaper 15-45x Ares UHD also Chinese but it's actually rated best in class by far and punches way above it's relatively cheap price point believe it or not.

You might want to check with Tract Optics for their spotter but I'm unsure if they have a reticle option you want or call them if you could special order an eyepiece.

The LMSS 2 come in batches. I had the older LMSS and the reticle would physically move when I change magnification. So I sent it back in Feb. They said they would replace it with LMSS 2 but were sold out. And they wouldn’t get any until the summer. I just got my replacement last week.

Putting one up in the PX in 3 mins....with added pic rails.

LMS is far superior for shooting great distances and reading mirage but the cheaper one is way better than its price point suggests.

I like both but if I am watch trace the LMS wins hands down. I have seen the LMS pick up trace when some 2500 plus spotters could not

LMS is far superior for shooting great distances and reading mirage but the cheaper one is way better than its price point suggests.

I like both but if I am watch trace the LMS wins hands down. I have seen the LMS pick up trace when some 2500 plus spotters could not
I've had the Legend T before and Ive never really had any issues with it.
Was going to setup another tripod and saw the LMSS2.. so I guess the real question is.... is the LMSS2 $1000 better than the Legend T ?

How does the LMSS2 compare to the cheaper Legend Tactical model?
I have both. The LMSS is my go-to when using a spotter. The size/weight packs easier, and I love that it goes down to 8x. Optically it just plain beats out the T Series. That T Series is awesome for the money though. The Match Pro Bino is kind of taking over for both of them though.

I have both. The LMSS is my go-to when using a spotter. The size/weight packs easier, and I love that it goes down to 8x. Optically it just plain beats out the T Series. That T Series is awesome for the money though. The Match Pro Bino is kind of taking over for both of them though.
I have the x56 match pro binos... how does the glass compare between the LMSS2 and the x56 Match Pro Binos?

I have the x56 match pro binos... how does the glass compare between the LMSS2 and the x56 Match Pro Binos?
In the center I'd say about even. That Forge/MP 15x optical system starts losing out to the LMSS the further you go off center, at least in my experience. I'm sure others have had/looked through both and can weigh in as well.