• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushy XRS turret question

redroan45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Ashton, Idaho
So I love my XRS, except the turret indicator lines often don't line up, and there is a lot of slop between the clicks, as in the turret will move without clicking to the next .1 mil. I was shooting steel yesterday and I had to remember to count clicks to keep straight where I was on the turret, because the line would show I was almost to the next .1 mil instead of being lined up where it should be. I think I remember a thread about this somewhere, but cant seem to find it with the search. Anybody had this happen? Also, does the old HDMR have this problem because I am wanting to pick one of those up for another rifle, but not if the turrets have so much trouble.

My XRS did the same, but it shouldn't be an issue with the 5mil turret models. Does your exhibit any Chromatic aberration?

My XRS turrets were exactly the same. Bugged me so much I sent it back to Bushnell for a refund. Picked up a Razor with 5 mil turrets and I'm really happy with it. My G2DMR with the 5 mil turrets doesn't have that problem, but that's due to the 5 mil knobs having plenty if space between the clicks. I think with that locking turret design, they are inherently sloppy, and probably not much can be done when the clicks are so close together on the XRS.