• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Business is Business

Archie01

Private
Minuteman
Hi All,

This is more of a vent session than anything, but why do individuals feel the need to voice their political views during business transactions? In the last couple of weeks, I have ordered a scope and an annealing machine online. After completing the transaction, I've had a thank you email sent to me that has included their views on covid and comment on how the current President is a failure. I am conducting a firearm-related transaction. You do not need to sell me on the fact that firearm ownership is under pressure, but both notes will make me pause before buying from their businesses again.

This is not my first experience with these thank you notes in the past couple of years, but they are becoming more frequent.

Contrary to popular belief, left-leaning people hunt, fish, and have basements full of firearms and ammunition. My goal is to have any of my left-leaning (or right-leaning) friends and family that have never shot a firearm before, come over so I can introduce them to the sport and have them experience it first hand. I have never had anyone leave my rifle range without asking me if they can come back and shoot sometime or ask me later on how they can purchase their own rifle.

If we continue to believe that all left-leaning people are out to take our guns, and only right-leaning people are our friends, we will continue to divide people away from our community, making firearm sports struggle even further.

Now the shop owners have the right to freedom of speech, and it is also their right to conduct business transactions in any legal way that they would like, but when did we forget our parents' advice to keep religion and politics at home?

Lastly, I'm from Canada, which all of these shop owners know because I have provided them with my shipping address. I have no control over US politics, and I only want to exchange my money for goods and services. Do I vote Liberal? Nope. Do I like our liberal Prime Minister? Not a chance. Do I talk about him in a negative way to my friends regardless of their political affiliation? Sometimes, depending on the person. But starting a conversation with a stranger based on a one-sided political viewpoint rarely goes well, and I think we would be better off as a community if we took a moment to stop talking sometimes. I know it would help me figure out who to direct my liberal friends to when purchasing firearm-related items...

Happy shooting, everyone!

Last edited:
9B4E6221-E8A3-4047-B40C-BCC1D169E7E0.jpeg

One of the few Bear Pit posts I've appreciated. And for the record, I'm a left-leaning outdoorsman with more guns than I need (but I can always use more ammo). I have plenty of political opinions, and they're strongly held, but agreed that I don't feel it's appropriate light people up with them during unrelated or professional interactions.

That’s a lot of words to say I’m a liberal and Canadian. People who sell the stuff don’t want to hear people’s political opinion usually even if they agree, but they don’t go online and whine about it on average.

Talk about dividing people, that’s what the left does best.

Mostly unrelated... I’m sure glad my family left Canada way before the Civil war here, I hate apologizing.

Business is only as political as the politicians make it, and I applaud the business operators and owners that fight those whom seek to ruin them. Perhaps if Canadian businesses didn’t roll over and take it so easily, there wouldn’t be near the restrictions on firearms there as there are today?

From my viewpoint, the right is doing a fine job of dividing as well.

The right is just standing up, because they figured out they should have been shouting from the rooftops years ago.

I don't support all of the right wing policies. As of now, they're just the lesser evil. Don't think for a second they wouldn't take everything if they lost their competition.

Hi All,

This is more of a vent session than anything, but why do individuals feel the need to voice their political views during business transactions? In the last couple of weeks, I have ordered a scope and an annealing machine online. After completing the transaction, I've had a thank you email sent to me that has included their views on covid and comment on how the current President is a failure. I am conducting a firearm-related transaction. You do not need to sell me on the fact that firearm ownership is under pressure, but both notes will make me pause before buying from their businesses again.

This is not my first experience with these thank you notes in the past couple of years, but they are becoming more frequent.

Contrary to popular belief, left-leaning people hunt, fish, and have basements full of firearms and ammunition. My goal is to have any of my left-leaning (or right-leaning) friends and family that have never shot a firearm before, come over so I can introduce them to the sport and have them experience it first hand. I have never had anyone leave my rifle range without asking me if they can come back and shoot sometime or ask me later on how they can purchase their own rifle.

If we continue to believe that all left-leaning people are out to take our guns, and only right-leaning people are our friends, we will continue to divide people away from our community, making firearm sports struggle even further.

Now the shop owners have the right to freedom of speech, and it is also their right to conduct business transactions in any legal way that they would like, but when did we forget our parents' advice to keep religion and politics at home?

Lastly, I'm from Canada, which all of these shop owners know because I have provided them with my shipping address. I have no control over US politics, and I only want to exchange my money for goods and services. Do I vote Liberal? Nope. Do I like our liberal Prime Minister? Not a chance. Do I talk about him in a negative way to my friends regardless of their political affiliation? Sometimes, depending on the person. But starting a conversation with a stranger based on a one-sided political viewpoint rarely goes well, and I think we would be better off as a community if we took a moment to stop talking sometimes. I know it would help me figure out who to direct my liberal friends to when purchasing firearm-related items...

It is, to my mind, very simple.

Now a days it seems that EVERYBODY across the ENTIRE political spectrum feels entitled to drop their rhetorical political pants and stick their rhetorical political ass in our face. Liberal, conservative, or in between....it seems to be the norm now.

I'm old enough to remember that talking politics in social or business situations was verboten....one of the three hot rails of polite conversation. Sadly, no more.

Now, I'm not a liberal in any sense whatsoever and have voted and supported the GOP for many decades.

But the other thing I have noticed is that EVERYBODY across the ENTIRE political spectrum is also utterly intolerant of any views that differ from their own and will immediately viciously attack the individual on a personal basis. Some of that right here in this thread.

You know how families would banish the screwed up inbred kids to the attic and lock them up back in the day? That’s pretty much Canada for us. We just pretend it isn’t up there and hope it quits making noise soon.

Hi All,

Assholes and idiots voted for Joe Biden, only assholes and idiots. If you are stupid enough to vote for Joe Biden and you own guns and believe you have a constitutional right to own guns you are quite probably the stupidest fucking idiot of them all. If you are a Canadian dumbass who loves Joe Biden stay north and go to hell. You never had rights in the first place, so you do not miss them when they are gone. You are a "subject" of your masters, a type of mindless property. In America we are or were free men and women with rights given to us by God himself and recognized by the state. People like Joe Biden think otherwise and we disagree. The left in America literally thinks our children are their property and claimed as much in the Virginia governor's race last week. We have white teachers teaching white kids to be ashamed they are white and they are to blame for something a Democrat did to a black person in 1840 and that the kids today must feel guilt for crimes of the 19th century.

Having owned firearms and hunted for more than 40 years, I can tell you that today it is worse than anytime in my life. The bulk of the leftist media literally reports lies and distortions and does it proudly, celebrating their leftist world views and utterly ignoring news contrary to party politics. In America, leftist politicians are demanding more taxes, daydreaming openly about confiscating retirement accounts to use the money to enrich the lives of criminals invading our country from Mexico. Ending prisons, defunding police departments, abolishing laws for robbery, theft, child rape, burglary and car jacking because they believe those are "crimes of poverty" or some such shit.

Joe Biden literally shit his pants while visiting the Pope. The leader of the free world is a feeble old idiot with no control of his bowels and a lust for children. Ever wanted to destabilize the world? Put aggressive, fit, mentally functional leaders in places like China and Russia and use a feeble old pedophile with shit running out his pant legs as a bulwark of freedom in Washington DC. The danger this places the free world in should be easy to recognize for someone with even minimal intelligence (like a Canadian).

Imagine being a German Jew in 1934 celebrating Hitler's rise to power, how fucking stupid would you have been????? Yeah, you love what he is doing with the economy. Yeah, he got the Olympics to Berlin and he is making sure you get good books at the library. Heck you even got wait listed for a new Volkswagon, congrats.

In the end, you still lost all your rights, especially gun rights. You lost your life savings, your property was confiscated and eventually you got a free train ride to Poland and a quick trip thru the showers. Did you go proudly???

Did you stand in the crowded train crowing about how you voted for Hitler and this is not at all what you expected? Did every other Jew and Gypsy on that train want to watch you die choking on cocks while they took turns stomping on your head? Yes my cheese eating Canadian friend, yes they did.

I'm just venting bro, it is nothing personal okay. Don't go crying to the mods or any of that shit. You asked a stupid question honestly because well..............................you're stupid. I am doing my best to explain it to a stupid person. It's really tough because your skull is so fucking thick and your brain is well.....................................so fucking small.

Fixed the spelling error "choking"

Last edited:
It is, to my mind, very simple.

Now a days it seems that EVERYBODY across the ENTIRE political spectrum feels entitled to drop their rhetorical political pants and stick their rhetorical political ass in our face. Liberal, conservative, or in between....it seems to be the norm now.

I'm old enough to remember that talking politics in social or business situations was verboten....one of the three hot rails of polite conversation. Sadly, no more.

Now, I'm not a liberal in any sense whatsoever and have voted and supported the GOP for many decades.

But the other thing I have noticed is that EVERYBODY across the ENTIRE political spectrum is also utterly intolerant of any views that differ from their own and will immediately viciously attack the individual on a personal basis. Some of that right here in this thread.
You godless heathen liberal commie shill!! GO back to sucking Joe Biden's cock!
(am I doing it right?)

I grew up around a bunch of holy rollers and they never felt restricted.

Politics is the new religion.........

Reactions: Baron23
Assholes and idiots voted for Joe Biden, only assholes and idiots. If you are stupid enough to vote for Joe Biden and you own guns and believe you have a constitutional right to own guns you are quite probably the stupidest fucking idiot of them all. If you are a Canadian dumbass who loves Joe Biden stay north and go to hell. You never had rights in the first place, so you do not miss them when they are gone. You are a "subject" of your masters, a type of mindless property. In America we are or were free men and women with rights given to us by God himself and recognized by the state. People like Joe Biden think otherwise and we disagree. The left in America literally thinks our children are their property and claimed as much in the Virginia governor's race last week. We have white teachers teaching white kids to be ashamed they are white and they are to blame for something a Democrat did to a black person in 1840 and that the kids today must feel guilt for crimes of the 19th century.

Having owned firearms and hunted for more than 40 years, I can tell you that today it is worse than anytime in my life. The bulk of the leftist media literally reports lies and distortions and does it proudly, celebrating their leftist world views and utterly ignoring news contrary to party politics. In America, leftist politicians are demanding more taxes, daydreaming openly about confiscating retirement accounts to use the money to enrich the lives of criminals invading our country from Mexico. Ending prisons, defunding police departments, abolishing laws for robbery, theft, child rape, burglary and car jacking because they believe those are "crimes of poverty" or some such shit.

Joe Biden literally shit his pants while visiting the Pope. The leader of the free world is a feeble old idiot with no control of his bowels and a lust for children. Ever wanted to destabilize the world? Put aggressive, fit, mentally functional leaders in places like China and Russia and use a feeble old pedophile with shit running out his pant legs as a bulwark of freedom in Washington DC. The danger this places the free world in should be easy to recognize for someone with even minimal intelligence (like a Canadian).

Imagine being a German Jew in 1934 celebrating Hitler's rise to power, how fucking stupid would you have been????? Yeah, you love what he is doing with the economy. Yeah, he got the Olympics to Berlin and he is making sure you get good books at the library. Heck you even got wait listed for a new Volkswagon, congrats.

In the end, you still lost all your rights, especially gun rights. You lost your life savings, your property was confiscated and eventually you got a free train ride to Poland and a quick trip thru the showers. Did you go proudly???

Did you stand in the crowded train crowing about how you voted for Hitler and this is not at all what you expected? Did every other Jew and Gypsy on that train want to watch you die chocking on cocks while they took turns stomping on your head? Yes my cheese eating Canadian friend, yes they did.

I'm just venting bro, it is nothing personal okay. Don't go crying to the mods or any of that shit. You asked a stupid question honestly because well..............................you're stupid. I am doing my best to explain it to a stupid person. It's really tough because your skull is so fucking thick and your brain is well.....................................so fucking small.
amen

If you are left leaning....fuck you for wanting to benefit from gun ownership while actively trying to destroy it.

Idgaf if you get offended.....buy from leftist gun distributers if your vagina gets hurt.

Frankly I'm happy when companies make their political opinions known....it makes it easier to spend money with Patriots instead of giving it to commie fucks

Any political or ideological commentary of any ilk from vendors I'm buying from turns me right off. If it's extreme in either direction, I'm cancelling my order. I'm giving you money in exchange for a product or service, not your world view, which is probably wrong anyway.
From a business perspective, such commentary is just dumb, unless the business owner doesn't care about money.

Hi All,

FUCK JOE BIDEN AND BRANDON TOO!!!

Name one Democrat you have voted for that is truly pro gun? You can be left leaning all you want and own guns, but as long as you vote for people like joe Biden I hope those email keep coming.

Now don’t get me wrong. Plenty of republicans are just as despicable. This isn’t a Democrat only problem.

Hi All,

Its literally in the democrat party platform. You can't vote lefty without trying to take guns.

On the flip side, all the leftist companies proudly share their liberalism at every step of the way.

I really don't see why you're upset.

Any political or ideological commentary of any ilk from vendors I'm buying from turns me right off. If it's extreme in either direction, I'm cancelling my order. I'm giving you money in exchange for a product or service, not your world view, which is probably wrong anyway.
From a business perspective, such commentary is just dumb, unless the business owner doesn't care about money.
To some, and you may find this hard to believe, morals are more important than money.

One of the few Bear Pit posts I've appreciated. And for the record, I'm a left-leaning outdoorsman with more guns than I need (but I can always use more ammo). I have plenty of political opinions, and they're strongly held, but agreed that I don't feel it's appropriate light people up with them during unrelated or professional interactions.
Do you vote for Democrats? Because their PLATFORM is to take YOUR guns away.

If you are left leaning....fuck you for wanting to benefit from gun ownership while actively trying to destroy it.
Being truly left leaning and pro universal gun ownership is oxymoronic.
People need to be aware that though they may internally label themselves as left/right leaning or centrist, the political spectrum as a whole has shifted left, things don't mean want they use to.

Look at antifa, they call themself anti fascist so any one they disagree with is called a fascist, look at how every major media or social media people interact with has shifted leftward and now openly lie and embrace censorship.
Look at how the left has woven gender politics into everything, won't fuck a transgender person? you are a bigot and a fascist.

So why should you care what people label you as? Frankly and to bastardize a saying, The holocaust wasn't build in a day.

Reactions: Milf Dots

Idgaf if you get offended.....buy from leftist gun distributers if your vagina gets hurt.

Frankly I'm happy when companies make their political opinions known....it makes it easier to spend money with Patriots instead of giving it to commie fucks

Amen Brother. For any so called “left leaning” gun owners I have to ask, what supposed rights do you think you have that will exist without the gun to protect them? I’m all for the 1st Amendment but I have no illusion that without the 2nd ALL rights can be taken away.

Just ask those evil preachers trying to exercise their right to religious freedom during the lockdowns, the govt definitely respected their rights as they drug them to jail for daring to stand up to the monarch.

My point is that you can’t straddle the fence bitching about opinions when you don’t have the courage enough to choose a side. Pick what you believe in and own it. If you decide you love safety more than liberty you’ll get all you can take.

Amen Brother. For any so called “left leaning” gun owners I have to ask, what supposed rights do you think you have that will exist without the gun to protect them? I’m all for the 1st Amendment but I have no illusion that without the 2nd ALL rights can be taken away.

Just ask those evil preachers trying to exercise their right to religious freedom during the lockdowns, the govt definitely respected their rights as they drug them to jail for daring to stand up to the monarch.

My point is that you can’t straddle the fence bitching about opinions when you don’t have the courage enough to choose a side. Pick what you believe in and own it. If you decide you love safety more than liberty you’ll get all you can take.
For clarification, what I think you're saying is that having what this forum would consider liberal views on certain issues precludes someone from fighting to maintain our rights under the 2nd amendment.

For clarification, what I think you're saying is that having what this forum would consider liberal views on certain issues precludes someone from fighting to maintain our rights under the 2nd amendment.
Unfortunately in our current climate yes. everyone Is a single issue voter. You can’t vote for a pro choice candidate anymore unless they are anti gun.

its fucking whacky land. We need a reset.

Reactions: Archie01
So dont buy from them and move on. No need to be a whiny bitch. I dont mind these American business owners expressing their political views. Theyre just being good patriots. Dont like it? buy all your shit over there and be done. Just that simple.

No, I'm stating you have to pick a priority. Interestingly enough choosing to preserve the 2nd Amendment has the added benefit of protecting the other rights. If "feel good" policies are more of a priority you will lose it all in the end. It is oxymoronic in the current political climate to support both sides.

Or said in a less diplomatic way; you leftist faggots are nothing but stupidass hypocrites. You don’t deserve the rights or liberty we provide serfs like you. If you want to see who politicized EVERYTHING look in the fucking mirror you ignorant fuck! This is your doing!

I hope your fucking Brown Shirts riot again, because we’re about fucking sick of you and your socialist bullshit. At some point ignorance and fecklessness have the same outcome as evil. There isn’t one scintilla of Liberalism on the left. You are full blown totalitarians. No you can’t be my fucking friend, and get the hell out of the gun store. You are not welcome here. Why the fuck would I sell my enemies weapons?

Or said in a less diplomatic way; you leftist faggots are nothing but stupidass hypocrites. You don’t deserve the rights or liberty we provide serfs like you. If you want to see who politicized EVERYTHING look in the fucking mirror you ignorant fuck! This is your doing!

I hope your fucking Brown Shirts riot again, because we’re about fucking sick of you and your socialist bullshit. At some point ignorance and fecklessness have the same outcome as evil. There isn’t one scintilla of Liberalism on the left. You are full blown totalitarians. No you can’t be my fucking friend, and get the hell out of the gun store. You are not welcome here. Why the fuck would I sell my enemies weapons?

my-nigga-denzel-washington.gif

Reading the original post.....
The business is basically letting the leftists know to do business with somebody else.

Go buy guns and ammo from a leftist..... if you can find one.

I know that I will not knowingly do business with any left-leaning person or organization if I can help it. We are in a war that simply hasn’t resulted in wide scale shooting yet. But I will do all I can to not help further any leftist agenda or person or organization that is against the ideals I hold dear.

Id almost disagree duct tape can silence stupid people from saying stupid shit It's almost better . but I get you there can still think stupid thoughts .

I know that I will not knowingly do business with any left-leaning person or organization if I can help it. We are in a war that simply hasn’t resulted in wide scale shooting yet. But I will do all I can to not help further any leftist agenda or person or organization that is against the ideals I hold dear.
This, this, and this!!!!! I have given up a lot of things I enjoyed to hold this line.

The sooner we physically divide the country the better.

There's no more kiss and make up.

This right here. The division is not happening fast enough. Trying to be nice is what got us into the mess we are in. All you, "I lean left but love guns" assholes can go straight to hell, you are the problem and we are not on the same side. Remember this...we are not in this together.

we continue to believe that all left-leaning people are out to take our guns, and only right-leaning people are our friends, we will continue to divide people away from our community, making firearm sports struggle even further.
Anyone that supports the commies doesn’t believe in gun ownership anyway.

Fuck em. You too if you don’t vehemently oppose Biden and company. Gun banning is one of their tenants.

5F0225E5-870B-4864-8DC9-87383041EB11.jpeg