• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

business rant... non gun related

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

OVER....
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
BF East Texas
I'm just trying to build another fuckin barn here...

So, building a new barn and wanted to install a radiant barrier to stop condensation dripping. Found a co. in houston that looks like it has a good product and is a 3 hr round trip.
Well they have no phone # on their websight so this is how it went on emails today. They will ONLY do online orders and payment.
Some people

I would like to pick up monday and pay then for;
4) white 4' x175' rolls
1) box reflective tape
1) box double sided tape
4) rolls white patch tape

Please let me know.
Thanks
Joe

Pickups can only be scheduled for completed/paid orders.

Customer Pick-ups:

Allowed for orders where the product cost is $1,250 or more. If your order qualifies, the pick-up option will be displayed on the page that you enter your credit card information.

Well if were $100 or so I would have no problem with that but to send 1300+ to a business I have never dealt with that will not provide a phone# , I have a bit of a problem with that.

An A+ BBB and accredited since 2004 speaks for itself. .

Our model is a perfect fit for most but not all. We wish you well.

Jonathan Barber
(allmost left his email on there)

My finale reply...

If that is the way you choose to deal with a potential future customer...

F U 2

Pissed me off he did with that passive aggressive BS
I was just trying to do business.

They have to be a scam. No legitimate business operates that way.

Generally the whole, get the order ready and I'll pay for it when I get there, if I get there, if I'm not being extra picky, if I don't want something totally different than what I ordered, turns into a huge pain in the ass thanks to idiot customers.

We pretty much require all the orders to be paid online ahead of time, then they will be made ready for will call pickup.

Not interested in wasting time getting orders ready for people that never show up.

If you are not comfortable, tough, that's why you have a credit card, use it.

We've got lots of other things to do besides hold your hand, so you want the stuff, we'll send you an invoice, and all the details, you want it, let us know and you'll get the payment request, pay it, then I'll get the order ready and you can pick it up between the times listed.
Otherwise we'll have it shipped.

Reactions: Bradu
This business sounds like they cater more to contractors and commercial business. If so, they often prefer not to sell directly to joe homeowner. Frustrating to us average Joe’s though.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I’m ok with a business being run how they want, obviously they aren’t interested in me time sales and want repeat customers. These guys get set up with big companies or several small one and a one time buyer won’t make or break them.

You do it their way or go elsewhere seems easy enough to me. I don’t blame a place at all for not wanting to deal with the gender public, as most of them are morons. That’s not directed at you, just a general statement.

The op did his own passive aggressive thing in #3 where he basically said I think you are a fraud and I don't trust you.

So the business told him in polite terms that if he doesn't want to order & pay then pickup like everybody else, another supplier is a better fit for him.
Can't blame them, the moment a customer starts to sound like they will be a pain in the ass, it's time to point them to someone else.

Construction supplies are flying off the shelves and warehouses currently, so why deal with some small time customer who is being a pain in the ass and sends you insulting insinuations, tell them to have a good life and buy from some retail store at higher prices.

This business sounds like they cater more to contractors and commercial business. If so, they often prefer not to sell directly to joe homeowner. Frustrating to us average Joe’s though.
all their BBB stuff sounded like homeowners, a few way more pissed than I
Found a huge rant on another review site
oh well.

Generally the whole, get the order ready and I'll pay for it when I get there, if I get there, if I'm not being extra picky, if I don't want something totally different than what I ordered, turns into a huge pain in the ass thanks to idiot customers.

We pretty much require all the orders to be paid online ahead of time, then they will be made ready for will call pickup.

Not interested in wasting time getting orders ready for people that never show up.

If you are not comfortable, tough, that's why you have a credit card, use it.

We've got lots of other things to do besides hold your hand, so you want the stuff, we'll send you an invoice, and all the details, you want it, let us know and you'll get the payment request, pay it, then I'll get the order ready and you can pick it up between the times listed.
Otherwise we'll have it shipped.

Simple as that. Too many people waste other people's time and never show up.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
all their BBB stuff sounded like homeowners, a few way more pissed than I
Found a huge rant on another review site
oh well.
BBB is all bullshit anyway. Most people aren’t wasting time leaving good reviews. You can read through the bullshit in 50% of reviews anyway.

Not to mention you can pay to raise your rating....

Last edited: