• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Butler Creek Cap Size 43... SUCKS!

cttbax

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2010
Augusta GA
www.1911market.com
I have ordered 3 of these sizes recently and all three of them will not stay closed for anything! Something is different about these because I have never had any problems with butler creek caps... has anyone noticed their quality slipping lately? The scopes in question are a NF F1 and Vortex PST 4-16x... 43 is supposed to fit them both... I think I am going to call BC today and inquire...

Re: Butler Creek Cap Size 43... SUCKS!

WoW!! You sir are definately on to something. I just had to replace my #43 which I mounted on a IOR 6-24x50. Mine cracked and seperated at the hinge after only two months of "LIGHT" use. I even thought of sending it to BC and see if they would replace it but for $8 I just said screw it and ordered a new one from Midway.

BC caps are shit, I have no idea why people still use them. Use the cover that came with your NF and order a second for your PST. I use NF covers for large scopes and BC bikini covers for smaller scopes and they don't give me any problems.

I put a 43 on a Vortex PST 4-16x50 and it was so hard to open that the cap snapped off. Tried a second one (also 43) on the same scope and it fits perfect, opens with ease and stays shut when closed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cttbax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have ordered 3 of these sizes recently and all three of them will not stay closed for anything! Something is different about these because I have never had any problems with butler creek caps... has anyone noticed their quality slipping lately? The scopes in question are a NF F1 and Vortex PST 4-16x... 43 is supposed to fit them both... I think I am going to call BC today and inquire... </div></div>

Very curious to hear their explanation. I experienced the same problem with my NF. Has anyone tried the #44 on a NF 50mm?

Ok I just got off the phone with Butler Creek. I spoke with a very professional customer service rep. They offered me 3 brand new replacement #43 caps and they even threw in a bikini cover to boot! So, at least if the caps suck I can use the bikini cover.

Add me into the mix on this one. I literally only got to open mine 1 freakin time before the cover snapped at the hinge. My problem really came when I got another one, and guess what... it happened again.

I am now on my 3rd... AND LAST to see how it does. So far, it is doing what it is supposed to do. Next round will be the bikini covers. Jazmine is sexy without bikini's, but I want to protect her boob job!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Add me into the mix on this one. I literally only got to open mine 1 freakin time before the cover snapped at the hinge. My problem really came when I got another one, and guess what... it happened again.

I am now on my 3rd... AND LAST to see how it does. So far, it is doing what it is supposed to do. Next round will be the bikini covers. Jazmine is sexy without bikini's, but I want to protect her boob job!!

DK </div></div>

here is the contact info... call em and let em know they have a bad run of caps

UNITED STATES
Bushnell Outdoor Products
9200 Cody
Overland Park, KS 66214-1734
In Kansas City area - (913) 752-3400
Consumers - (800) 423-3537
Dealers - (800) 221-9035
Fax - (913) 752-3550

Guys, it may be Butler Creek has changed their manufacturing process of the original BC caps, but in my opinion their newer series MultiFlex caps are a huge improvement! They are more flexible and have more stretch, and even seem to close better. The equivalent MultiFlex cap size to the Original; Size #43 is a Size #43-44. I think you will find these to be a much better product overall.

George P.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Optics Planet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Guys, it may be Butler Creek has changed their manufacturing process of the original BC caps, but in my opinion their newer series MultiFlex caps are a huge improvement! They are more flexible and have more stretch, and even seem to close better. The equivalent MultiFlex cap size to the Original; Size #43 is a Size #43-44. I think you will find these to be a much better product overall.

George P. </div></div>
Thanks I'll give them a look

I used the flip caps that George is referencing, particulary the #43-44 on my NF F1 and it worked much better than the standard #43.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just got the caps for my 6-24x PST, and the damn 43 objective one is cracked. I just installed it an few hours ago, opened it a few times, and noticed along the hinge it is cracked and only hanging on by a thread!

Was there a bad batch of these or something?

(Thank God for Amazon prime, and amazon's return policy!)

There is a thread on Optics Talk about this
http://opticstalk.com/butler-creek-lens-covers-beware_topic30022.html?KW=butler+creek

Seems like quality has gone way downhill lately.

That being said I have a few sets, and so far mine haven't broken, but they aren't brand new either, so I'm hoping they were made before the quality started slipping. One set of mine are a few years old, and the other 2 sets I got used with scopes so I have no idea how old they are, but I'd guess at least a year, but they may not be. One set was brand new, but the guy still had them and had just never used them.

Personally this doesn't surprise me though since they are owned by Bushnell.