• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Butler Creek Scope Caps

Some Day

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
PA
Has anyone used the new Butler Creek tactical one piece flip caps.Whats your opinion of them good or bad.
Friend of mine was telling me about them said they were suppose to be better.Thinking of getting a set for my Nightforce scope if there any good.

There was a thread about them around here awhile back........ At first they sounded like a vast improvement, then several members got them and found that they broke as fast as the originals. Apparently the rubber hinge doesn't like cool temps. Many around here stay the hell away from Butler Creek caps as they just don't seem to hold up. Buy at your own risk.

Neoprene scope covers - scopecoat, scope shield Alaska. There really isn't any one out there that makes a wide variety of flip ups for all scopes at the moment. Neoprene may not be for everyone, but I grew tired of pissing my $'s away on caps that break from regular use. Neoprene doesn't break and it protects my glass. Yes, I have to remove it prior to use, but given that small inconvenience, it always works.