• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Butler Creek Size

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.
What size are you using on your VXIII, 50mm objectives? I come up with a 40 or 43

Re: Butler Creek Size

Google Butler Creek size chart. I have found the numbers that they print to be right on for Leupold scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hog hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2134548&page=1
brand692 sent this to me </div></div>

Thanks guys! Was in between sizes, and figured going .010 smaller then the #43 says, would still fit. BC says go smaller if in between, which would have been the 40.

Ordered a scopecoat today,after talking to them,its the protection that we need.

ok i cant figure this out. I must be an idiot. I have a new Leupold Mark 4 ERT with a 50mm objective. Leupolds spec page says the objective diameter is 2.3 inches (http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products...m5-front-focal/).

So if Im reading this sizing chart right if I go by inches, I need size 43 objective cover. But if i use 50mm, then I need 30 or 31. WTF? somebody plz help. Rifle season starts in a week and I need a new objective cover.

So i went and got a #43 objective cover. I had the guy working the counter put it on a Mark 4 50mm scope that he had in the display case and it fit and functioned perfectly. When I got home and put it on my scope it does not work. the cover will not stay down. Its almost like the lens cover is not engaging enough to stay snapped shut. It just keeps flipping up. am I doing something wrong? Ive tried pushing the entire thing as far back as possible towards the objective. that didnt help. pulling it out didnt seem to help either. WTF