• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Butner F-T/R w/ Shorty 308

granite wagon

bottle washer
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2021
NC
Went to Camp Butner yesterday for an NRA Long Range practice day that North State Shooting Club was hosting.
They were using an electronic target system ( brand / type unknown - sorry ) and while it had some kinks it was a pretty cool setup.
This was My first time back at Butner in quite a few years ( use to shoot F-T/R back in early/mid 2000s).
Currently the only 308win I have barreled up is my lil 19 inch rig .. sooo I took that.
Winds were switching head winds from bout 3 to 12 mph. Out of 600pts. I dropped 32pts ( all dropped points were 9rings except 1 wide 8 ehhh ). I was happy with that considering the rig & load I was using.
One of the features of the electronic target system is that it shows Your velocity & SD at the 1000yd target / cool feature.
My 155.5 berger load leaves at 2775 w/ a 5 shot ES of 12. AT 1000yds. it was going avg. 1232fps with SD of 10.8 across 60 rounds.
Big Thanks to the Fine Folks of North State Shooting Club & The North Carolina National Guard!!!

Last edited:
Our club has something similar.

All the data is then sent to your phone via an app. It will also tell you group size.

Pretty neat.

shot marker systems are nice

the velocity data is so so useful when you realize its pulling acoustic data from a very short distance between the sensors

You have to be a member or anything to shoot those practice days?